Lake Seminole on cypress pond

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Weeds native and invasive have taken over many areas of lake Seminole. Im on the lake on the other side of the island bridge, and it's bad here too. Out in the main lake, hydrilla has taken over large areas. Huge area in front of Spooner Field. I won't try to run across from Spring Creek to the Flint past the mule lot. It's covered too. Each year it gets worse and I see nothing being done about it. Years past we had a congressman come for lake tours, promising help. Now he has Albany and Columbus voting for him. He doesn't need us anymore. Oh, by the way, I never noticed any money being spent to improve the lakes fishing and boating activities. Only saw money spent on the electric carp gates. It was the first thing fixed after hurricane of 2018. Just out on the main lake friends and I noticed large grass carp surfacing out near the barge channels. I can tell everyone, our panfish fishing tanked after those carp gates were installed.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Take a tour from Cypress Pond to Grassy Pond and notice the trees that still remain in the canals from hurricane Ginny. Then look at the wilted pads the airboat sprayed couple weeds ago. Some of those bonnet pads are recovering it seems. Why doesn't lake Seminole produce record bass? I think it's because there's too many gators, the gators eat big fish, I've seen em do it. Gators were never in danger, it was a government ploy to get their hands on money being made off gators. Nothing new though, government regulates everything these days.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
sounds like good duck hunting!

The grass brings in lots of coots. In the warm months, the hydrilla produces millions of small gnats that crawl all over everything, including behind glasses and in the ears. Miserable little creatures if there's no breeze. Seminole was a much better lake before the hydrilla, cattails and other exotic weeds took over.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Saw a boat out in the main lake, following schools of shad around with his fish finder. Catching specks under the shad. Lots of moving around to do that. I was catching catfish.

ronevelyn2

I made a run to grassy flats yesterday me and wife trees down in runs as you said could not leave the channel left or right in grassy pond to fish banks I wish the Corps would dredge all the ponds

Latest posts