Lake Seminole Stump!!

toolmkr20

Just thought I would let people know. If you go up the creek right when you turn off the main lake heading up towards Seminole State Park there are two stumps in the middle of the channel. Never thought I’d hit a stump in the channel but we did yesterday during my son’s high school tournament. No leaks but put a hurting on the hull and now we have a wired vibration in the prop when accelerating. Hoping it’s just the hub.

IMG_2788.jpeg

IMG_2789.png

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Noted. As many hundreds of times I`ve run right through that stretch I`ve never hit anything. I`m wondering if maybe a log has drifted in there and gotten lodged? I know that the stretch of channel from the Crow`s Foot to right where you marked has a lot of trees broken of just below waterline, that are right against the edge of the channel. The same goes for the channel of Spring Creek.

toolmkr20

When we hit it we came to an almost complete stop. Just glad we weren’t going faster could’ve been a lot worse. There was one more right past it about 10-15 yds. I just couldn’t believe they were inside the channel markers. Scared the snot out of us lol.

buckpasser

Those Seminole “channels” can be hazardous. They view the markers through the creek as a good suggestion more than a definitive clear route IMO. I’ve seen plenty of places where you could run a string line down the markers and have stumps on the wrong side. A better clearing of those trees would have sure been nice before the water came up. They probably didn’t anticipate the trees lasting til the second coming though!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
It must have been a log that drifted into the channel. I've eased through that stretch half a dozen times and can't see anything. Plus a pile of bass boats are running through it and nobody has hit anything. Hopefully it is gone.

toolmkr20

It must have been a log that drifted into the channel. I've eased through that stretch half a dozen times and can't see anything. Plus a pile of bass boats are running through it and nobody has hit anything. Hopefully it is gone.

Thanks for checking Mr. Nic!