Last time you had a Krystal burger

Oldstick

I stopped going when they changed to the new fries
They're probably losing me too on that issue. Wife told me that the "new" fries are the ones with batter coating on the outside. No thanks, I'll pass on those, please.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Thankfully, it has been about 20 years or so and there will NOT be any others during my next 3 lifetimes either. The last bunch of them back then gave me a horrific case of the "runs" and I lost about 15-18 pounds as I had to "camp out" in the bathroom for the next few days. You couldn't give me a "brand new" $100 bill and convince me to torture myself again with those Krystal "grenades" !!!

The ONLY two good things that ever came from Krystal Restaurant for me was the fact that it did save me from starving back in mid 70's one time before I got married. The other good thing is that I also won a $100 prize on a scratch-off receipt contest from them back in the 1980's.

LTZ25

I remember them being .10 not .05 . Whopper was .40 , McDonalds maybe .15 , The 32 oz steak at Angelo's in P C was $16.00 , that steak is around $40.00 but worth it !!!!!! Just checked with brother he said he remembers .06 but I'm going with cheapest Krystal @ .10 .

Last edited:

Richf7

I remember them being .10 not .05 . Whopper was .40 , McDonalds maybe .15 , The 32 oz steak at Angelo's in P C was $16.00 , that steak is around $40.00 but worth it !!!!!! Just checked with brother he said he remembers .06 but I'm going with cheapest Krystal @ .10 .
I remember buying a hamburger, fries, and a Coke and get change back from a $1.00 bill.

Oldstick

I remember buying a hamburger, fries, and a Coke and get change back from a $1.00 bill.
I love hearing these stories, because I love to recall those days as well. One of my favorite memories is listening to the dearly departed owner of the full service gas station I worked at as an 18 year old in 1975. Right in the middle of the oil crisis during the Carter administration. Customers constantly complaining because gas had skyrocketed up to 50, 60 cents a gallon.

He would tell everybody, "Listen, back in 1940 I could take my future wife on a date and we would both get food at the NuWay plus tickets to a movie for less than $1.00 total. Gas was 20 cents a gallon. Today (1970s) that same date would cost at least $10 and gas is 50 cents. So no, gas hasn't gone up that much. If these politics continue you are going to see gas going to $1 a gallon, I guarantee it or I'll eat my Texaco hat...." :LOL:

Resica

For me it’s probably been about five years. I was on I-75 and just wanted to grab something quick and keep rolling, for some reason Krystal appealed to me.

When I was a kid, my grandparents lived in Macon. I remember going to the Krystal on Spring St and Riverside and getting a sackful of Krystals for I think, ten cents each. What are they now, about $1.29? And they haven’t changed.

I also remember stopping at that same Krystal in the wee hours of the morning for breakfast on the way home from a late night gig in Warner Robins.

For many years, I and three friends attended the Sun N Fun fly in in Lakeland Florida. Every morning we’d go to the Krystal and get breakfast and order about 20 burgers for lunch. We’d put them in a black trash
bag - brought just for that purpose - and place them on the dash of the car while we went to the fly in. We‘d park facing east and the Florida sun kept them hot for us. It’s a wonder nobody got sick.

Those little burgers used to be good! Y’all ever go to Krystal?
Been a long time. Both my sets of Grandparents also lived in Macon. We'd go to the Crystal on Bloomfield Road between 80 and Mercer University Drive. Probably in the 80's.

Latest posts