Last time you had a Krystal burger

oldfella1962

It's been so long I can't even remember. I do remember a TV commercial where two black ladies were chanting "ah got my Kryyyystal pups, ah got my Kryyyystal pups!" I guess Krystal pups were some kind of hot dog or something. Or maybe they were saying Krystal puffs. It's been years since I saw the commercials.

Mars

It's been a while. When I was in high school, my small private school won the 2002 GISA football state championship and the owner of the Krystal in town treated the team to an all you can eat meal. Im not sure how many I ate but I did a much damage as a 17 year old can do. The burgers did a proportional amount of damage to me!

Baroque Brass

Yep, used to live in WR and still have close family there. Hit the one in Byron by I-75 occasionally. Love me some Krystals and so does my bride. Get the #1 with cheese just like they come with a coca cola to wash em down and good to go.

Funny you mention Sun-N-Fun, I grew up flying with my old man and we went there and Oshkosh every year for many years. Miss those days, haven't been back to either in long time.
I never attended Oshkosh, but we didn’t miss SNF for at least fifteen straight years. I always looked forward to breaking ground around daylight and watching the sunrise.

Shadow11

Also about 5 yrs ago, in Buford ga. They were doing a special where u could get 4 for $5 of anything on the giant sign. I went with 4 chicks. The lovely young black chick with a nose ring at the window said that'll be 8 dollars and something.

I said "but the big sign says $5." She got hateful and loud.

She said "you gots to tell me you want it for that price!" She finally changed the price to the right one.

It was nasty. That was my last time

GeorgiaGlockMan

It's been so long I can't even remember. I do remember a TV commercial where two black ladies were chanting "ah got my Kryyyystal pups, ah got my Kryyyystal pups!" I guess Krystal pups were some kind of hot dog or something. Or maybe they were saying Krystal puffs. It's been years since I saw the commercials.
Mini chilli cheese dogs.

Maybe a 3:1 ratio. 2 will make you mad!

Oldstick

Gut grenade for sure. :cool:

I usually get some for my trips to Florida.
They are good hot or cold going down the expressway.
Well maybe. They're best when eaten hot off the grill. Maybe tolerable for an hour or two later. But they are down right inedible saved and warmed over the next day, just like any other fast food burgers I have tried to save. No matter how I sealed them up to prevent drying, etc.

TheWildLife

Ahh, Krystal cheeseburgers, the "go to" food for after midnight activities! Used to hit the one in Macon on Vineville Avenue quite frequently during my last couple of years of high school. Nowadays, if I go there it's for their Chiks. But I don't go there often.......cheap food is, well, cheap food. To each their own.

Big7

The Oracle
I can't do Varsity.

I used to keep trying the one in downtown Athens when I was going to school there.
The old black lady that worked the counter when she'd see me come in would yell to the back "nekked steak walking". Translation: Single hamburger with nothing on it to go.

I tried to do downtown Atlanta a few times when I had Falcon's season tickets but just couldn't make it work.

The one on Milledge Ave in Athens closed a while back at a failed attempt to get established in Athens but didn't last long.

oldfella1962

Also about 5 yrs ago, in Buford ga. They were doing a special where u could get 4 for $5 of anything on the giant sign. I went with 4 chicks. The lovely young black chick with a nose ring at the window said that'll be 8 dollars and something.

I said "but the big sign says $5." She got hateful and loud.

She said "you gots to tell me you want it for that price!" She finally changed the price to the right one.

It was nasty. That was my last time
o_O What she said made no sense whatsoever! Why should you - the customer - be obligated to say that you choose the lower price over what could be a potentially higher price? Granted she wouldn't have a clue what that meant anyway.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
O.K. Just which one of Y'all want to talk to my doc Monday morning? It's ALL Y'all's fault... I couldn't take it any more! This is all that's left of a "Original 24 Sackful" and 3 large fries.

whats left!.JPG

SLY22

Useles Member !
I use to love em.....now they taste turable to me.
Guess my taste buds changed.

Baroque Brass

O.K. Just which one of Y'all want to talk to my doc Monday morning? It's ALL Y'all's fault... I couldn't take it any more! This is all that's left of a "Original 24 Sackful" and 3 large fries.

View attachment 1228252
Well, I started the thread so I guess I’m partly responsible! Hopefully you got blood work done pre Krystal and you get a good report.

sbroadwell

When I was little they were a nickel each. Got hooked on them the, still am. Every few weeks I have to have them. But they are almost a dollar each now.
My go to is five, and a cup of chili. So many locations have really gone downhill though hope the company that just bought them will turn them around.
Back in the early ‘60s a lot of the locations had a doughnut machine. Really good little doughnuts.

kingfish

Once a month. It's a guilty pleasure. The number 1 plus 2 extra Krystals gives me 6 total. I could eat an additional 6 without any problem. Don't ask me about Kryspy Kremes :LOL: