Let's see your Kayak trailer...

Geffellz18

20130618_161131.jpg

Nuthin' special, but was able to aquire this trailer on a semi permanent loan from my brother in law. Just got to let him have it when he has to load up his jet ski for service. Win-win for us!

nhancedsvt

Banned
View attachment 735934

Nuthin' special, but was able to aquire this trailer on a semi permanent loan from my brother in law. Just got to let him have it when he has to load up his jet ski for service. Win-win for us!

I have the same type of situation with my father in law. Their HOA doesn't allow trailers in the driveway so their ski trailer stays at my house. I usually just throw the canoes in the back of the truck though.

Rebel Yell

Banned
I already had the trailer to haul my lawn mower on. Outside of that, I have about $40 in the mods.

The posts are old STOP sign posts I got from the county. I just had to weld on extensions (trailer was too narrow), weld the receivers onto the extensions, slide the posts in and make a top brace from small receiver pieces and pipe. The rest is just 1/4 inch cable, eye bolts, clips, and PVC pipe.

I should be able to haul six kayaks easily.

Kayak Trailer -

Check out the kayak trailer by Right-On Trailer Co. of Atlanta, Ga. for $599

www.rightontrailer.com

Attachments

• Multi-Sport Crossbar Trailer_BIGRIG.jpg
    Multi-Sport Crossbar Trailer_BIGRIG.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 15,302
  • Multi-Sport Crossbar Trailer_stacked Kayaks.jpg
    Multi-Sport Crossbar Trailer_stacked Kayaks.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 12,652
  • multi-sport_features.jpg
    multi-sport_features.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 12,762
  • MULTI-SPORT RACK DIMENSIONS.jpg
    MULTI-SPORT RACK DIMENSIONS.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 12,612
  • IMG_0803.JPG
    IMG_0803.JPG
    234.1 KB · Views: 12,587
Last edited:

Geffellz18

20140112_080655.jpg

20140112_080723.jpg

tracrac-tracone-truck-rack-system.jpeg

Updated pic. Took the wave runner trailer I was lucky enough to keep and reworked it a little. Still a work in progress. Got some 72" 3/4" pipe from Lowes and an old yakima roof rack i picked up awhile back. A little primer/paint on the rack and she looks good as new. Gunna add hullraiser style racks on the sides to hold the yaks and an enclosed storage box to the front of the trailer. Also gunna to try to add an aluminum truck rack system(like in example pic above) too if I can get it to fit to the trailer frame. Will be able to store 4 yaks with plenty of storage if I can get the truck rack to fit! (Sorry photo 1 is upside down:()

Last edited:

gabreamfanatic

well this was mine

but after coming home from a fishing trip on nov 16 and at a complete stop. i was rear ended and this is the result

Code:

and she had no insurance. totaled the trailer and my ocean kayak trident 13. now i am waiting on the funds from her. to replace both of them and my fishfinder. if you haul your kayak on a trailer go over your policy with your insurance agent to make sure you are covered. or you will be with out a kayak and trailer like i am and having to sue the drive to cover everything.

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
Here is mine, welded up a rack to hold 2 yaks (and can still be taken off to use trailer to hold my ATV), by removing 4 bolts off each rack, need to reinforce a little better to keep it from bending though.

Attachments

• Kayaks 2013 PC .jpg
    Kayaks 2013 PC .jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 4,616

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Here is mine that I haul the Cuda on. Rebuilt an old boat trailer. 120 dollars invested. I just slide the Coosa in back of truck.

Geffellz18

Another updated pic....Still gunna put a storage box on the front, fenders, 1" lift (for more clearance between tires and yaks) and possibly a truck bed track rack system to be able to carry two more yaks.

20140209_171927.jpg

20140209_171956-1.jpg

Last edited:

FROGSLAYER

Not a trailer but all I have for now .. these posts are giving me some good ideas though ... keep em coming!

1779280_3913813779515_806511133_n.jpg

Bought this trailer from a neighbor last month and started working on it for the kayaks. A few more changes and my son and I will be heading towards the Gulf come April.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 4,315
  • Painted Trailer.jpg
    Painted Trailer.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 4,287
  • Unpainted trailer.jpg
    Unpainted trailer.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 4,309

lonesome dove

a converted bass boat trailer
can haul canoes & kayaks
Have had 5 yaks and 2 canoes on it at one time

Attachments

• IMG00011-20120704-0827.jpg
    IMG00011-20120704-0827.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 4,231

56willysnut

and she had no insurance. totaled the trailer and my ocean kayak trident 13. now i am waiting on the funds from her.

WOW sorry to hear that, you have good advice for all. I 'm going to contact my agent to make sure I'm covered.

Inline6

Correct me if I am wrong, but all of my insurance policies if the vehicle is fully covered the towed or hauled equipment is also covered. Now with liability insurance that's a different story.

Rebel Yell

Banned
Actually, liability is what extends to any towed vehicle. That is why you can't get liability coverage on a trailer. If your boat is covered as scheduled personal property under your homeowners policy, it would be covered while being towed.

T-N-T

Geffellz- If that 14 footer proves too much, let me know! :whip:

Nice trailer set though. I LOVE the storage possibilities.

Geffellz18

Geffellz- If that 14 footer proves too much, let me know! :whip:

Nice trailer set though. I LOVE the storage possibilities.

Will do. Took her out on her maiden voyage today on the north end of the hooch for some trout action. Had a great time! Boat performed well considering the current and lack of anchor trolley.

Aprreciate it about the trailer. Yup, the baskets great for holding your cooler, camping gear etc.

FERAL ONE

Shutter Mushin' Mod
here is mine, I just finished it right before the kayak fishing symposium in perry. it can haul 6 yaks and gear or 8 yaks or more if I put my Malone stax on top LOL I can remove the rack with 4 bolts and be back to just my utility trailer. I like it :bounce:

Attachments

• F1P_4635sm.jpg
    F1P_4635sm.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 3,766