Letting him go another year paid off.

dukslayer10

This is a buck we had on camera last year and decided to give him a pass. Was out hunting on the opening evening of rifle season and he showed up. We never had cameras out in this area so I was surprised when he walked out. Taxi said he was 4.5. In a year he put on some good tine length.

Attachments

• 328.jpg
    328.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 6,035
  • 358.jpg
    358.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 6,063
  • IMG950159.jpg
    IMG950159.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 6,041
  • photo 2 (1).jpg
    photo 2 (1).jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 6,048
  • photo 3 (1).jpg
    photo 3 (1).jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 6,052

tcoker

Tine length really increased. Glad it paid off. It's always a gamble, if he'll make it, sometimes you hit. Congrats.

bulldawgborn

Congratulations. I guess i will play devil's advocate and ask does the buck you harvested have that notch in his right ear like the one in the trailcam pics? I have to believe you when you say it is the same deer, but it is kind of tough for me to see that ear...

MFOSTER

BANNED
I think from 3.5 to 4.5 are there greatest jump in anthers they start adding mass at 5.5

mrducks1188

I may be wrong, but it is not the same deer. Brow tines a year ago are uneven and the shot deer is very symmetrical on the brows... DOesnt matter to me tho, awesome deer!!

Peapicker

Great deer. Did he have an injury that stunted his right side? He's an awesome buck and made a very impressive jump. Congratulations!

bulldawgborn

Did he still have the small kicker off the back of his left G1?

ted_BSR

Great deer, and I think it is the same one. Congrats!

My question is, did anyone actually let him walk? Or did you all just talk about it after seeing his trail cam pic? I am not BASHING, I just wonder if anyone really had a chance at him last year.