Long Range .308 build

pdsniper

I could not agree with you more on the sand bags they have been in my Call out bag since I became a Sniper, I filled mine with the plastic beads that they use for beanie Baby's they are lighter and unaffected if the get wet

7Mag Hunter

Nice rifle and set up !!!

I loaded Hornady green tips for many years and love them...
You also need to look at the Sierra Game kings.....I load them for my 7mag, and devastating on deer is all i can say !!!!!

HuntinJake_23

Finally got to the range...

And it didn't disappoint. I set my zero at 200!! Picture is sideways for some reason

Attachments

• IMG_3592.jpg
    IMG_3592.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 389

pdsniper

you need to try the AR comp powder by far the best preforming powder for 308 and a 155 gn MK and a 175 gn MK Berger also makes a 155 gn full bore that shoots outstanding

returntoarchery

Looking good.

I also recommend trying the 175 Sierras or 178 Hornadys. They fly better than the 168's.

Correct for the Sierra 168 MatchKing #2200. They were designed for up to 600 yards or so. As a buddy of mind who is intimately knowledgeable about Sierra's bullets said: "They turn into a toad past 600 yards.".

The new 168 gr TMK (Tipped MatchKing) #7768 is a completely different animal and is good out to 1000 yards.

Sierra has just released a 195 gr TMK that's pretty hot. The same buddy shot those in FTR F-Class was only giving up a little in wind drift to the 7mm open class guns.

Nice rig HunginJake_23.

Last edited:

HuntinJake_23

Tried some new loads

I ordered some Sierra Tipped Match Kings in 175 grain and 195 grain. I loaded 6 different 175's(5 each powder load) with IMR 4064 increasing 0.5 grains every load. I then did the same with the 195's but only load 4 different loads. I also had some Noselr 165 ballistic tips with 43.5 grains of powder. The picture is of the Tipped match kings, the first 6 rows from the left are the 175's and the last 4 are the 195's.

Attachments

• IMG_3723.jpg
    IMG_3723.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 241

HuntinJake_23

Went to the range to test my loads

I went to Georgia Gun Club today and CensoredCensoredCensoredCensored my different loads to see how they did and what my gun like. Here's the target with the powder load and bullet type at each target. Each target is 3 shot groups.

Attachments

• IMG_3773.jpg
    IMG_3773.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 217

pdsniper

When you get a chance pick up some Comp AR powder its hand down the best 308 powder I have ever tested and used, What was the distance you were shooting at 100 yrds ?