Looking for a canoe trip..

pepperrocks

Trying to take my wife and 10 yr old on a good 3-5 hour trip, do some fishing. But mostly hoping for a light trip. Good scenery. I live in winder, would like to stay within a 2-3 hour range. was thinking north georgia. Good river or lake, stream trip.
Thanks to all the help in advance.

SASS249

Ocmulgee River from Wise Creek to hway 83 is a pretty easy paddle with usually good fishing.

The Dawson Forest section of the Etowah would also work.

Both are easy paddles. The Etowah is really scenic but you have to watch the water levels to be sure there is enough this time of year.

EON

The Flint River Outdoor Center in Thomaston offer day or over night trips. You can also check out "Go with the Flow" in Roswell.

Basedawg

The Etowah river in Rome offers several beautiful floats. I take my wife and 10 year old daughter almost every weekend.

antique41

Tugalo Lake near Tallulah Gorge SP. No houses. Road to the lake. Paved boat ramp. Toilet(think outhouse). No boats with motors over 25HP. Lots of places to stop and swim, or fish.

KDarsey

Jump in the Etowah right outside Dahlonega (south of town on 19). If the river is not to low you can do it non-stop in under 3,so with fishing & playing it should be just right timewise.
There are a couple of nice ripples but no bad rapids.
I am having a brain freeze but the outfitter down the road will give you a shuttle for a good price. Sorry I can't think of his name. If you are there Friday or Saturday I will shuttle even cheaper...lol..no charge.

pepperrocks

Thanks everyone, we were thinking of doing the Etowah, then go over to Red Top mountain. These are awesome ideas.

puddlehunter

The Etowah is nice as well as the Upper Toccoa River above Blue Ridge lake. The Tallapoosa River is also an easy float for kids with good fishing. I have been using the new outfitter for the Georgia section of the river. Tallapoosa paddle or something like that is the name of the shuttle guy