Looking for upgrades

msdavis289

Like everyone here, I'm counting down the minutes until archery season opens up and we can get back in the stand. In the meantime I've been evaluating my setup and such. I'll be trying a new broadhead this go around (probably the RamCat Diamondbacks over my NAP Bloodrunner 2's I've had for some time). Other than that, I'll be using my 2011-ish Diamond Dead Eye 29.5DL 70# with stock everything except the QAD HD rest I upgraded at purchase some 5 years ago. I've been looking into upgrading the Octane stabilizer or the 4 pin TruGlo sights that came on the bow. Just looking for feedback or personal experience with some quality upgrades. Thanks in advance everyone and God bless.

deerslayer0369

Can't go wrong with a bee stinger. If your wanting stability it will need to be minimum of 8" to really see an affect. If your want vibration control then stick to some of the shorter ones like a limb saver. I run an 10" front bar with an 8" side bar and wish I had done it years ago. All I can say is wow what a difference. They don't get in the way what so ever. If you do decide to do a side bar, be sure to get the quick connect mount. It can be taken off with ease for transit and easily reinstalled in seconds.
As far as sights, I shoot an extreme archery XX 1900. Love the sight, bright pins with a rubber like finish on the metal. That sight is about $160 if I remember right. If money isn't an object, I'd look at the CBE hybrid tek in a 3 pin slider.

msdavis289

Excellent, I'll def check them out more in depth. I believe I should look more into vibration/sound control. I don't feel that there is a weight or stability issue but I do feel that I could get a more quiet shot. I'm also going to look into those sights you recommended. I've honestly wanted to give a single pin sight a try for some time but I'm not sure how well I'd adjust to it with the season opening up right around the corner.

turkeyhunter835

BANNED !!!
A single pin cbe is what im about to switch to. Going to hunt opening weekend with my hha then switching the following week. Those are some sweet sights.

deerslayer0369

If vibration is the goal, there are tons out there. Limb saver was just an example. My buddy shoots a 6" axion. I've shot his bow before with and without it. You can definitely tell a different not only in audible but felt hand vibration. Google is your friend, I'd check out several and just read up on reviews to give you a good idea about various products out there.

msdavis289

I ended up putting an HHA single pin on over the weekend and am liking it so far. I really haven't been able to shoot for a great length of time yet but I plan to make time this week. I'm going to be researching that Axion, though. Thanks for all the heads up everyone.

hoythunter1861

You should love the HHA. That's what I shoot, and I'll never go back to multi-pin.