Looking to fish new water

Ajohnson0587

I live in McDonough (South of ATL) and I just bought a boat several months ago. I have been fishing lake Jackson a lot and Lanier several times, but I'd like to fish some new water. Never been on Sinclair or Oconee, are they good fishing lakes? I have fished Alatoona in my kayak, but that place is a zoo with wake boats & Jet ski's. Any Lakes in N. GA worth the drive? I plan on leaving early in the morning and I'd like to keep my drive to a minimum to 2hrs

Nimrod71

If you really want to use your boat come on down to the Altamaha River and to Morgan's Lake. I know this is more than a 2 hr. drive but it would make for a good weekend trip and you would have a great adventure to tell and write about. I have fished all the major lakes in Georgia and I can tell you none of them can compare to fishing the Altamaha River. You will find fish from three finger size up to 60 lb. flatheads and blue cats, record size bream, crappie and shellcrackers, plenty of channel cats and if you enjoy bass fishing, bring plenty of lures they are everywhere. Come on down I am sure you will have a good time.

dang

DANG !!!
I used to work in McDonough. You can probably get to West Point as well in under 2hrs, maybe 1.5. Can't speak to the other lakes mentioned.

Seanote

If you're looking for bass, Hartwell is a great lake. The spotted bass are awesome during the spawn. Now the largemouth should be good and the striper fishing is great. Oconee is a great lake for crappie. The standing timber near the dam is always a good place to start. The crappie bite is over now though.

Looks like Clark's Hill is about 2 hrs from McDonough. Good bass (we catch spots for the most part), stripper and speck fishing. I haven't caught alot of catfish but I never really got serious about catfishing. Oh and very good bream, shellcracker and bluegill fishing. PM me if you want and we can work out a trip and I'll show you around some. I'm no expert by any means but I'll show you what I know

Latest posts