Lots of fun this morning!

buckpasser

Tuesday saw the family and I joyriding after work due to extreme Corona boredom. We went by one of my turkey places and spotted a strutter. Yesterday I snuck in and put myself into the general area I thought the Tom may roost in. Within ten minutes of arriving I had him strutting into range. Knowing my daughter may have a chance at this one, I couldn’t bring myself to shoot, and for only the third time in my turkey career, I passed a gobbler after bringing him into easy range (Doubles don’t count, I never shoot both of them).

This morning found us in the field with a near perfect setup. Decoy at ten yards out front, daughter sitting with me and a hen, Jake and Tom talking to us at around 100 yards. The hen pitched first followed by the boys. After a little calling contest the entire party wound up at our decoy ten yards away. I had to hold her off of the shot until the Tom was clear of the others, then BOOM! Perfect neck shot with the .410 and it was celebration time. Watching my children each take their first deer and turkey has been beyond anything I expected and I can’t thank God enough for allowing us these very special times together.

FFE5B5E9-84B6-4AB5-8BE9-2E13550149CE.jpeg

Last edited:

Duff

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bubba_1122

Nothing I love more than seeing posts of folks taking kids out hunting and especially having some success.

Congrats on a great hunt, a great bird and a great time!

hambone76

Awesome! Congrats to you both!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Way to go! That is good stuff right there!

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Smile says it all!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Doesn't get any better than that! Her smile says it all. Congrats to the young lady! :cheers:

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Congrats young lady!!!! Great smile ?