LSU's Delpit "As Average as Grits"

Gator89

Started to put this in Outdoor Café :unsure:

'Average as Grits:' SEC Coaches Say Grant Delpit Was Most Overhyped Player

Once projected as a potential top-five pick, most pundits are predicting a late-Day-1, Day-2 or Day-3 selection for the former four-star recruit. And when AL.com's Matt Zenitz asked four coaches for the "most overhyped" SEC prospects from last season, all four said Delpit.

“I thought he was as average as grits,” a personnel official said. “I thought he was average at best. Week in and week out, you play so many good players. I couldn’t have told you who he was (in 2018). I really didn’t notice him. I couldn’t have told you who he was until all the preseason hype and all that stuff going into this year. And then when we played them and I just thought he was average at best.”

How good would someone have to be to be compared to shrimp & grits

TinKnocker

I don't know, my step-momma makes REALLY GOOD grits!

That said, I really do think Okudah is better and should have won the Thorpe award.

LittleDrummerBoy

Use of the word "average" needs a better defined context. Defensive backs in the NFL are very good, on average. Delpit's NFL career from here will depend more on avoiding injury and bad choices. He's got the talent to have a solid career.