Lunch tomorrow in Winder..

bullgator

Congrats on the beautiful addition!

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
While you hooligans were knocking off bank trucks and downing nanner pudding, my wife and I welcomed our second child into this world. Y'all check out my little Ellie.

Heck yeah brother!!! Congratulations! :cool::cool::cool:

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Man, I would have loved to meet y'all but I would have suggested somewhere better to eat.....

You live in Bethlehem and you think there are better eats in the area than Smokin' Po Boys? Is you crazy? You must have been breathing them fumes from the Golden Goodness plant(or sippin' out of their lagoon) for too long.

I betcha you're the type of feller who dunks his hed under the chocolate wonderfall at Golden Corall, ain't ya?

brownceluse

You live in Bethlehem and you think there are better eats in the area than Smokin' Po Boys? Is you crazy? You must have been breathing them fumes from the Golden Goodness plant(or sippin' out of their lagoon) for too long.

I betcha you're the type of feller who dunks his hed under the chocolate wonderfall at Golden Corall, ain't ya?

I was eating Smoking Po Boys when it was sold out of trailer on the side of 29 hwy in Dacula years ago. With that said the business was sold a long time ago and It's not the same. I don't eat Golden Corall either it gives me the squirts.... I haven't eaten at one in probably 10 years. I'd rather eat at Shane's than po boys..... good day sir

hayseed_theology

Browning Slayer

There are a lot better eats than Smokin Po Boys.. The way you are talking, it's the only decent Q around.. There stew isn't that good at all. I do like their slaw.

I would take the Iron Pig in Jefferson over Smokin Po's any day and twice on Sunday. For that matter, I would take Kelly's in Walnut Grove over Smokin Po's.

Then again, I've pretty dang picky about my Q.. And like Jeff said, it's not the same as it once was. I use to eat it weekly when it was sold out of the trailer as I only lived 5 miles from it back then.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
I would take Kelly's in Walnut Grove over Smokin Po's.

Not if your sayin Kelly's is better than SPB's you're not.

It just show's you don't have the taste buds for discerning one Q' from another. :whip:

As far as brunswick stew goes, I like SPB's a lot. Stew is suppose to have big chunks of everything in it. It's not suppose to be a concoction of stuff thrown in a blender. That is called soup. I don't like Brunswick Soup. ;)

Browning Slayer

It just show's you don't have the taste buds for discerning one Q' from another. :whip:

As far as brunswick stew goes, I like SPB's a lot. Stew is suppose to have big chunks of everything in it. It's not suppose to be a concoction of stuff thrown in a blender. That is called soup. I don't like Brunswick Soup. ;)

I would take a bbq sandwich from Kelly's before I would SPB's.

And real Brunswick stew is suppose to have shoepeg corn in it and not yeller corn.;)

I'm not SPB's is bad, their sauce's are ok and the sauce is what takes Q to the next level.

Tillman's BBQ in Hilsboro was the best around and their is nothing remotely close. Too bad, he passed away years ago.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master

And real Brunswick stew is suppose to have shoepeg corn in it and not yeller corn.;)

I'm not SPB's is bad, their sauce's are ok and the sauce is what takes Q to the next level.

Tillman's BBQ in Hilsboro was the best around and their is nothing remotely close. Too bad, he passed away years ago.

Yankee's. facepalm:

#1 - nobody judges BBQ based on a sammich. If you're gonna do that then you've gotta get the shredded meat or ribs and don't put sauce on it.

If you put or have to put sauce on any Q it ain't worth a plug nickel.

Browning Slayer

Yankee's. facepalm:

#1 - nobody judges BBQ based on a sammich. If you're gonna do that then you've gotta get the shredded meat or ribs and don't put sauce on it.

facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:

Hmmmmm.... Putting sauce on Q is a sin? You might want to tell that to your buddy Bob Gibson from Alabama that.. But what does he know he's only won how many championships?

http://bigbobgibson.com/awards/

And were're not in a competition. I'm at a restaurant paying to eat. When I go to eat bbq, I like stew and pulled pork. And SMP's would be 3rd at best on the list of places I would go in a 20 mile radius.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master

Hmmmmm.... Putting sauce on Q is a sin? You might want to tell that to your buddy Bob Gibson from Alabama that.. But what does he know he's only won how many championships?

And were're not in a competition. I'm at a restaurant paying to eat. When I go to eat bbq, I like stew and pulled pork. And SMP's would be 3rd at best on the list of places I would go in a 20 mile radius.

When I go to a new place I try the Q without sauce first.

Just like a steak, if I've gotta drown it in sauce just to make it palatable it ain't good Q. But then, you're just the kind of Yankee that prolly eats ketchup on a good steak too. :rofl:

Browning Slayer

Just like a steak, if I've gotta drown it in sauce just to make it palatable it ain't good Q. But then, you're just the kind of Yankee that prolly eats ketchup on a good steak too. :rofl:

I do too, but the problem is a lot of places smoke their meat prior to you ordering it. I know what fresh Q tastes like straight off the smoker. I've pulled many of bones out of shoulders.. I'm also a sauce junkie.. I've got probably 20 different bottle's of sauce at the house. If I'm in a new area I will stop at a grocery store and look for bottles of sauce that are local. I also make a ton of my own.

You want to compare plated pics of steaks?? :biggrin2::biggrin2:

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
I do too, but the problem is a lot of places smoke their meat prior to you ordering it. I know what fresh Q tastes like straight off the smoker. I've pulled many of bones out of shoulders.. I'm also a sauce junkie.. I've got probably 20 different bottle's of sauce at the house. If I'm in a new area I will stop at a grocery store and look for bottles of sauce that are local. I also make a ton of my own.

Sauce is for sissies. :whip:

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
There are a lot better eats than Smokin Po Boys.. The way you are talking, it's the only decent Q around.. There stew isn't that good at all. I do like their slaw.

I would take the Iron Pig in Jefferson over Smokin Po's any day and twice on Sunday. For that matter, I would take Kelly's in Walnut Grove over Smokin Po's.

Then again, I've pretty dang picky about my Q.. And like Jeff said, it's not the same as it once was. I use to eat it weekly when it was sold out of the trailer as I only lived 5 miles from it back then.

Yankee's. facepalm:

Sauce is for sissies. :whip:

I'm siding with Mr. Cervantes in this debate.

This Slayer fella probably likes Fresh Air BBQ. ::ke:

Browning Slayer

I'm siding with Mr. Cervantes in this debate.

This Slayer fella probably likes Fresh Air BBQ. ::ke:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Let's tally this up..

Jeff and I agree that SPB's is not that great.. 2 GA Natives & 2 Dawgs that use to eat SPB's back before it sold to the new owners. Back when their BBQ was actually award winning and now their sauce is made with High Fructose Corn Syrup..

Miggy and Jim: An Alabama transplant that screams Roll Tide and Jim, a guy that roots for the Dallas Cowboys & GA Tech... So, knowing that info, both of you are showing signs of delusion so your votes and null and void..

SPB's is nothing but a commercialized bbq chop shop now a days.. Nothing like the original. It's a shame you city boys settle for mediocre bbq.. You boys probably consider Korean BBQ as top notch.. :bounce::bounce: