Mahindra Tractors?

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Hmmm, I wasn't aware of that. I bought a new Kubota M 7060 (71 HP) in 2019 that has DEF.

doomtrpr_z71

That article is out of date, anything over 25hp is going to have to meet tier 4 emissions, Mahindra uses a doc filter in the place of Def it's more like a catalytic converter since it doesn't use def fluid, the trade off is the doc has to run hot at all times or it stops up. Most other manufacturers use def and scr as it tends to require less specialized maintenance than doc filters. A 74hp Mahindra won't have a def system but it will still have a bunch of emissions junk on it.

ssramage

That article is out of date, anything over 25hp is going to have to meet tier 4 emissions, Mahindra uses a doc filter in the place of Def it's more like a catalytic converter since it doesn't use def fluid, the trade off is the doc has to run hot at all times or it stops up. Most other manufacturers use def and scr as it tends to require less specialized maintenance than doc filters. A 74hp Mahindra won't have a def system but it will still have a bunch of emissions junk on it.

This is the main reason I decided on the 2502 vs the 3302. Might not be a big deal, but I didn't want to have to deal with the DPF regen.

mattb78

I have 50 hours on that exact tractor and will tell you what I know:

1). Its a beast. It makes the Kubota L39 look like a toy. I think the breakout force on the FEL is like 2x the Kubota. It pulls like a freight train.

2). Its significantly less refined. No hydrostatic can be a pain. Not a synced transmission so you have to be careful changing gears.

Bottom line its an old school powerful farm tractor. If you are discing, mowing, plowing (not really changing gears) and need a powerful tractor its an easy choice. But picking up things with the grapple, going back and forth, the HST would be preferable or if you don't need that much power and prefer refinement.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
mine is 5 years old, and it has nothing for emissions... I guess they changed it, but in the winter when I was shopping for a skid loader the Takeuchi salesman told me they only put in 72hp motors so they didn't have run DEF, and that is on the 2023 models

Buford_Dawg

Have 3 buddies who own Mahindra, they are extremely satisfied with them. Several running on 10 years with the tractors, other abuot 5 years. I believe one of them told me Mahindra is the largest small tractor company in the world, so sounds like they doing something right. With that all said, If I was in the market, I would likely go Kubota. My FIL worked 15 years for them and I know the quality is there according to him.

earlthegoat2

You will like the under 25 hp. No DPF or regen which is the main part of 90% of the nagging problems of modern diesels.

Some need more than 25hp but if you can manage without don’t go over that. I tell folks if you need 30 or 40 then you might as well just get 50. Your already in for a penny at that point so you might as well get the pound.

doomtrpr_z71

mine is 5 years old, and it has nothing for emissions... I guess they changed it, but in the winter when I was shopping for a skid loader the Takeuchi salesman told me they only put in 72hp motors so they didn't have run DEF, and that is on the 2023 models
You have doc filters and egr for emissions just like the sub 75 hp takeuchi on a 2017, they just don't take def. A doc filter runs hot at all times vs scr is only hot while it's in Regen. Mahindra marketing fooled a lot of people into believing they were so advanced they didn't need emission equipment when that's not the case.