Make a Kids Day

Doboy Dawg

Ok folks JJ is a friend of mine’s kid who is suffering from cancer. He has just had surgery to remove some tumors. He has more surgery scheduled, along with more chemotherapy and radiation treatments. Let’s show this young man some love, all he’s asked for is some cards.

JJ loves to hunt and fish. He has beaten cancer once, he wasn’t expected to make it, now he’s 16 and his cancer has returned. The tumors that were just removed were on his spine. After his last surgery he lost use of one leg. He has another tumor on his spine and one on his pelvis that will be removed this week.

He then has to start chemotherapy and radiation treatments a second time.

Send JJ a card or letter and I know he would love it, you can send it to:

Ronald McDonald House
JJ James Rm 24
535 Alabama Avenue
Memphis TN 38105

Attachments

• 344CDE6C-043B-49F5-902F-1F3B384E412F.jpeg
    344CDE6C-043B-49F5-902F-1F3B384E412F.jpeg
    249.7 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
DD, I will sending up my Prayers along with a card with words of encouragement to this young man as well.

Thank you for letting us know as I think this would be a good thing for lots of us members here to consider in lifting the spirits of this person and his family.

GTMODawg

BANNED
Wife is on it because if I did it the card would be inappropriate.

There is nothing more troubling than kids dealing with this kind of health issue. If anyone is looking to do themselves a solid and make life a little easier on these kids and families the Ronald McDonald houses normally (kind of on hold with COVID but they still have a way) encourages people who have no sick kids or who have had sick kids to come to the local location and prepare meals for the families. This may seem like a small thing but it can mean a lot to a family after spending a grueling day in the hospital. And words can not express the gratitude you will walk away with after spending some time with those kids and their families. You don't have to be a chef....just willing to help. My wife and I have done breakfast on a weekend several times and I promise you it will bring your own life into perspective in a HURRY. We have done it with our kids in tow and even those ungrateful scoundrels appreciated the experience. With COVID they are asking for donations and catered meals instead and may never return to the days when they would let you come in and cook spaghetti for the house but if they do and you want to help I can't think of a better way to do someone in need a solid and get more than you can imagine immediately in return.

Doboy Dawg

Thank You all. JJ was diagnosed with cancer as a young child. He’s defied the odds to live to 16. His grandparents, my friends, have raised him.

His cancer had been in remission for a long time. I guess everyone had begun to hope it was gone. Just this winter he started having back pain and pain in his leg. That’s when they flew from Augusta back to St. Jude’s Childrens hospital in Memphis. The recent tests showed several tumors on his spine and one on his pelvis. Most of them were removed. A biopsy of them tested as malignant, so more surgery was scheduled to get another tumor off his spine and the one on his pelvis. Then he’ll have to start chemotherapy and radiation treatments again.

This latest diagnosis doesn’t sound good to me. His grandmother Patty is a CT technician who used to work at our hospital in the same Radiology department my wife works in. Her husband Steve, just retired from Ga. Power.

GTMODawg

BANNED
Thank You all. JJ was diagnosed with cancer as a young child. He’s defied the odds to live to 16. His grandparents, my friends, have raised him.

His cancer had been in remission for a long time. I guess everyone had begun to hope it was gone. Just this winter he started having back pain and pain in his leg. That’s when they flew from Augusta back to St. Jude’s Childrens hospital in Memphis. The recent tests showed several tumors on his spine and one on his pelvis. Most of them were removed. A biopsy of them tested as malignant, so more surgery was scheduled to get another tumor off his spine and the one on his pelvis. Then he’ll have to start chemotherapy and radiation treatments again.

This latest diagnosis doesn’t sound good to me. His grandmother Patty is a CT technician who used to work at our hospital in the same Radiology department my wife works in. Her husband Steve, just retired from Ga. Power.

Yeah it don't sound good in any way BUT the human body and the human spirit is amazing at what it can, at times, overcome. Keep the faith, whatever that means to you, and the odds are in your favor regardless of how dire things may seem.

Doboy Dawg

Lost my father in law last Thursday to cancer. It’s been a rough week, I still gotta get my card in the mail.

Thanks guys and gals!

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I use to help out at a disabled youth hunt with Georgia Power. If anyone gets a chance to volunteer with a event for these young people do it. It will forever move you.
My prayers for the family and especially for this young man. Heaven has a special place for him.

cramer

Prayers sent for JJ and you, DD.
I am sorry to hear about your Dad.

This is a very good thing you are doing.