Meriweather Cty.R&J 2006 Revision 1

brinkf350

John asked me to kill the original thread I had on here due to the NEGATIVE comments in it by some of our club members. If you wish to air dirty laundry:( please do it in the form of PM's to each other. This thread is meant for constructive information between club members. Outsiders comments are allways welcome here! Lets use this as a positive information tool:flag: ! Thanks in advance guys for your cooperation in this endeavor.

brinkf350

Now for the good stuff, Our season is going well as the club members are aware we are not shooting does until Thanksgiving. We are seeing some bucks and have two on the ground so far. Two 8's so far and the rut is just kickin in. Both 8's killed this week. See my post in deer hunting forum for info on mine.

deersled

John asked me to kill the original thread I had on here due to the NEGATIVE comments in it by some of our club members. If you wish to air dirty laundry:( please do it in the form of PM's to each other. This thread is meant for constructive information between club members. Outsiders comments are allways welcome here! Lets use this as a positive information tool:flag: ! Thanks in advance guys for your cooperation in this endeavor.

o.k.

brinkf350

Make that 3 on the ground as of this AM. Todd(Tanman) killed a biggun this morning.

meriwether john

congrats rackattack!! another 8pt. 178lbs.
Wayne can give the particulars, 4th 8pt. taken this week. rut is kicking in a little. should be hardcore in a week or so.

93Hotel

Deer Movin'

I saw a young doe just before 0700 today. 30 min later, a 4pt trailed her. About 0900, 3 does came out and milled about. Suddenly they bolted. A few min later a small 8pt came out. He got the scents confused. He wandered back and forth gruntin. The wind was swirling and he caught me. Took off. Definately a shooter next year.

Good luck!:cheers:

meriwether john

I saw a young doe just before 0700 today. 30 min later, a 4pt trailed her. About 0900, 3 does came out and milled about. Suddenly they bolted. A few min later a small 8pt came out. He got the scents confused. He wandered back and forth gruntin. The wind was swirling and he caught me. Took off. Definately a shooter next year.

Good luck!:cheers:

having fun yet? how's my little buddy? did you have him out today or was you alone?

seems most folks are seeing deer. saw 4 today and 4 yesterday. quite a few smaller 7's and 8's have been seen. One of the guy's wife saw a real good buck in a foodplot but it was after shooting light had deer all in the plot sounded like and couldn't leave and big boy came out under that bright moon. a good 9 was killed this morning.

93Hotel

Had to leave the little guy at home this time. I'll bring him by next time.
I saw the 9pt. Looks like he was a troublemaker!

Things are really startin up!

brinkf350

Things are really heating up, We have 7or 8 on the ground so far. All 8's with the exception of a 9 and a 10. The 9 weighed in at 211 lbs. (gross/live) Big deer. He took the lead in the big buck pot! The 10 was actually amain frame 8 with a kicker and a split G2. Two guests have killed deer this week. Some chasing,some just cruisin around.One missed on the cutover yesterday. Lots of deer being seen.:cool: :fine: :clap:

meriwether john

saw 12 today--5 bucks. big boy got by me-wind blowing in my eyes had them watering and couldn't pick him up in the scope(at about 220 yds.) in time to squeeze off. had guest take his first ever buck an 8pt with 18" beams.

Jake63

Hey guys I'M across the flint in Pike on Elkins creek. Got a real nice 8 on Sat am...dressed out 180lbs. Saw a small buck chasing Sunday am...This morning..Monday ...saw a young 8 pointer sneeking out of a grown up clear cut but I think he winded me in all the wind and decided it wasnt a good time to to look for ladies. lol
I'm on vacation for two weeks so I'll keep in touch. Its nice to know what others in the area are seeing and taking.

Good Luck
Jake

brinkf350

Everybody must be huntin hard this week. Can't get anyone on the phone for an update. I'm at work and miserable. This time of the year I could live in the woods.Then theres March-May. It's a wonder I'm still married!!LOL

bconaway

let a good one go

Saw a real nice 8 or 9 Sunday AM about 9AM- about an inch outside the ears on both sides with some good mass and 6 inch G2's, but I would not have mounted him, and the wife has already filled the freezer, so he will either be there next year, or someone else will have a decent one soon. He was moving nose the ground and I grunted him and he grunted back several times, but had something in his nose though and would not turn back- then saw a six pointed chasing a doe about 30 minutes later- they were MOVING and he was grunting like crazy. Spent six days in the woods, saw 11 deer- and one nice buck- maybe he will make it to next year and be a real trophy.

meriwether john

a nice 10 pt. was taken on Sunday. makes the 11th racked buck I think--7pt.(2); 8pt.(6); 9pt.(1); 10pt. (2). all meet club minimums. I have let 2 bucks over 110" walk and a solid !35-140 got by me in the wind. couldn't pick him up in the scope good enough to attempt the 200+ yard shot. have seen 9 different bucks so far.
congrats to those who have harvested a deer, especially those taking their first deer and/or their first rack!
thiis is why I put up with all the stress involved in running a club. I LOVE it when others are having a good time sitting in a tree waiting for mossyhorns, on the ground listening for the woods to thunder in the spring when Tom is on the prowl, listening to the baying of the hounds at night and the beagles by day, seeing the smile on a youngsters face and listen to their voice quiver when telling of the day's excitement and hopefully showing off a trophy buck or doe. watching grown men try to stifle a grin after a successful hunt. I hope we can continue our success of this season for many years. several factors have combined to create numerous sightings in the woods and a better, prolonged harvest of quality bucks. Thanks guys and gals.

brinkf350

Hey Fellow Hunters, Have a great Thanksgiving. I am headed to La. first thing in the AM. Don't killem all. I may be back in time to hunt Mon.AM. Have a happy& safe Thanksgiving all!

meriwether john

a good 12pt. was taken yesterday. congrats to RV8Driver. has 2 11" tines one of which splits. does can now be harvested with a rifle and 6 or 7 have been taken this week. I passed on a large doe yesterday afternoon, hoping that a buck would follow her. no such luck. she was the only deer I saw yesterday. the 12 was a 2 1/2yr. around 100lbs. field dressed.