Midwest Hunting and RV's

jimbar

Do any of you midwest hunters tow a travel trailer with you when you go up? If so what do you do about the water lines (and maybe tanks) freezing up when its really cold?

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I haven’t hunted like you’re asking about. But I know that most RVs and travel trailers are manufactured in the Midwest. I would think the insulation is rated for that climate.
Hoses and such is another matter.

bilgerat

Senior
I take my camper up in September and leave it at the lease for the season , around the mid to late October I drain all the water.lines and water heater. Then I just take water in 5 gal containers and not used the water system anymore .

Mike 65

Unless your RV has the “artic package”, I’d do as bilgerat said.
Are You planning on leaving it for the season or hauling it each time you go up for a hunt?

jimbar

Unless your RV has the “artic package”, I’d do as bilgerat said.
Are You planning on leaving it for the season or hauling it each time you go up for a hunt?
I would like to leave it up there October and November. I don't know if it's feasible to put some type of heater underneath it with a skirt or heavy tarp around the bottom.

shdw633

The midwest is no different that when I have my RV in Georgia in the winter time months. You have to shut off all water and drain the lines before you leave and if you are using a hose for your water while you are up there you have to shut down the water and drain the hose for the night otherwise your hose will be frozen solid and if the temps are low enough you will have a hard time getting them thawed to be able to be used. That's about it as far as I have had to deal with when I go to Michigan and Georgia with mine.

ryanh487

I would like to leave it up there October and November. I don't know if it's feasible to put some type of heater underneath it with a skirt or heavy tarp around the bottom.
get one with heat tape installed on the holding tanks and lines. if you don't have a place to plug the camper in, put a few solar panels on top to keep the batteries charged