Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Ohio hunts ***Long with lots of pics***

gobble157

Probably would have been easier to list the states that you're not hunting

Keep your eyes open Mr. Engineer and we'll climb a couple more Mount Everest's during our turkey hunts. You better start running now so you'll be ready for next year...cause I didn't gain the nickname mountain goat for no reason;):D

Public Land Prowler

You may be able to fit in a few more states..pending no nirds fly away when the gun goes bang..hehehe..

I had my sons little 20 with me as a back up on the road trip.Definately good out to 40yds,but way better than having some of that bad luck you had.Glad you turned it around.

Congrats!!!Enjoyed ther stories!

gobble157

You may be able to fit in a few more states..pending no nirds fly away when the gun goes bang..hehehe..

I had my sons little 20 with me as a back up on the road trip.Definately good out to 40yds,but way better than having some of that bad luck you had.Glad you turned it around.

Congrats!!!Enjoyed ther stories!

Don't worry, I'm sure we'll cross paths some where during the 2010 season;)

Look forward to 2010! And yes...this man will have both guns ready to rock and roll next season. I might invest in a little 20 ga shotgun so if things get really bad with the 12 and 10 I'll have another one to depend on.

And by the way, you had an unbelieveable season. You dropped the hammer when you needed to most and that's what makes a great turkey hunter. Congrats to you bud and you keep in touch. I'll keep you posted on the Osceola hunt. Looks like there are only 200 permits available from 5/13/09. I'll try to get mine in the mail sometime this week, but it all depends when I receive a certifed check from my military bank. I'll keep you posted, but we should buddy up on a quota hunt in Florida if this plan falls through.

Trizey

Nice kills buddy! Congrats on another great season, glad we got to spend a few days running those mountains together.

Gadget

Another great season!

That one heckuva schedule for next year.........:hair:

gobble157

Gobble how many states have you killed birds in?

From my highlighted map of kills in the United States I have in my turkey binder I've killed turkeys in 27 states. I still have all the states east of New York and then all the states west of North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas line. I'm slowly getting there and I'm hoping to accomplish this before I turn 40. The late Earl Mikels was the first to do it and there are only 5 other people that have accomplished this. A true feat I have on my agenda.

gobble157

Another great season!

That one heckuva schedule for next year.........:hair:

Thanks Rick!

You yourself had a super awesome turkey season. Hope to cross paths with ya next year since I'm not too far off from ya;)

gobble157

Nice kills buddy! Congrats on another great season, glad we got to spend a few days running those mountains together.

Trey,

I appreciate you having me down this year. Had a blast with ya in the mountains. Next year its on since we aren't that far off, and then next summer I'll meet you and your pops in Panama for some fishing. Can't wait bud and congrats on that AL kill!

struttin095

Banned
Nice job Dave, you may have achieved the #1 killin machine status here. Maybe you,me, and Ben Wade can hit some turkey banks next year:shoot:

gobble157

Nice job Dave, you may have achieved the #1 killin machine status here. Maybe you,me, and Ben Wade can hit some turkey banks next year:shoot:

I'm always down for some turkey slaying with another fellow turkey hunter. Just keep in touch and I'd gladly go out and put the smack down on some turks! Have a great Summer off with the family! :D

gobble157

Just got back from your new home to be this past weekend. Really wet down there right now.Hope you like the rain.:shoot:

Where were ya? You fishing on the coast? I'm actually going to be down there sometime around the second week in June looking at a couple houses my wife and I are interested in. I don't mind the rain, but if it's pouring often that can get quite aggravating. But that wont hold me up on some turkeys though:shoot::shoot: Come on March 2010!

struttin095

Banned
Where were ya? You fishing on the coast? I'm actually going to be down there sometime around the second week in June looking at a couple houses my wife and I are interested in. I don't mind the rain, but if it's pouring often that can get quite aggravating. But that wont hold me up on some turkeys though:shoot::shoot: Come on March 2010!

Got family lives down there. Give me a call when you head down and we'll get together. I can go any weekend.

gobble157

Gobble how many states have you killed birds in?

GP,

I just went through and checked over the states I've killed turkeys in and it's 28 instead of 27. This year I was hunting with a good friend that's only 3 states from his 49 state slam and he told me I needed to fill out the NWTF records form for each state I've killed turkeys in. So I was filled the ones out that weren't on the NWTF website and counted them up and it's up to 28. Now at $10 a piece minus the 4 that I already have in NWTF records equals $240 for all the states I need to send in. Well, I'll send them in after I get my good buddy to sign off on them and take picture of my hunting license with confirmation of kill. Only way to have them all accounted for. Any who, just thought I'd give ya an update.

David (My 1000th post:cool:)

Missouri Bird

http://www.nwtf.org/all_about_turkeys/turkey_records.php?details=14903&location=ALL

Florida Bird
http://www.nwtf.org/all_about_turkeys/turkey_records.php?details=14904&location=ALL

North Dakota Bird
http://www.nwtf.org/all_about_turkeys/turkey_records.php?details=14902&location=ALL

Kansas Bird
http://www.nwtf.org/all_about_turkeys/turkey_records.php?details=14905&location=ALL

gobble157

Where oh where has Gobble157 gone?

I'm here! You know my current situation. Between life and family I had to make the choice of being with or without a family. I decided that it's not all about killing turkeys. Family is an extremely important aspect in my life. I totally gave my life to the Lord Jesus Christ and don't put me first before my family. Before I would up and leave for two weeks chasing turkeys and my wife made it clear that she doesn't care if I hunt just not to the extreme. I'm still going to turkey hunt and persue my 49 state slam...just going to take me a little longer than I hoped for. This spring I'm going to hunt a few spots but most importantly I'm going to spend it with my wife and child. Sometimes you got to make sacrifices and my family is my life. Don't get me wrong...I passionate with my hunting, but I need to take it down a notch and live life a little more clearer and quit putting turkeys first. I'm sure a number of turkey hunters and attest to this. Any who, I'll be hunting opening weekend in GA and then hunt in AL and FL. That's my season and I'm definitely happy with it. I've killed a pile of turkeys and as long as I get out there and hear the birds chirp and gobble I'll be good to go for the year. I hope everyone has a safe and blessed season! Good luck!

Nitro

Banned
Glad to see you here Dave!!

You are young and have plenty of years ahead of you. From what you wrote and I read, you made a great decision!!

gobble157

Glad to see you here Dave!!

You are young and have plenty of years ahead of you. From what you wrote and I read, you made a great decision!!

Yes Andrew, I made the best decision a man could ever make. Thanks bud and have a great season!

gobble157

That may be the best post ive ever read here. :clap:

Thanks Gatorb. I've got the itch, but an itch that's passionate for being near my family. Boy have my eyes opened and things are a little more clearer. Turkeys will always be there and they don't change much as far as evolving goes. I'm not missing much as I have tons of fans and mounts in my garage and I'm running out of room. Good luck to you this season and lack the smack down on some find North GA birds. God bless!