Modified Jon Boats

spencer12

Just wondering how many of you guys fish out of jon boats? I'm a big jon boat fisherman myself as most of the lakes, ponds, etc. that I fish don't require much more.

Interested to see if any of you have "tricked" out your jon boats and what you've done.

By this I mean what all have you added or installed to make it the ultimate pond vessel?

I don't have a picture but I've done quite a few things to mine to make it the perfect miniature bass boat. I installed a minn kota edge 45 bow mounted trolling motor to be able to stand and fish in the front. I then installed a very old worn out trolling motor to the stern and attached my transducer and ran those wires all the way to the front for my Lowrance 4x fish finder (Works perfect).

I also put all my batteries in the back so the weight of me in the front is leveled off. All of my wires are ran through the floor rungs and under both seats, which I then covered with carpet. It really is a nice easy setup.

So what have you guys done and post some pics if you have them, really interested in all the things that can be done to such a small aluminum boat.

chewy32

Iv modified a lot to mine Rod box , light strips , redneck ram mount haha. Adding poles to the trailor helps a lot !!!! On windy days hard to get on a trailer with out getting in the water.