Mossburg SA-20 review

Gator89

Went with a Tristar. It’s got a rail to add a red dot and it’s more multipurpose than a just turkey gun. I really don’t want to drill into the pretty stock to add a strap but it’s got to happen. Probably tape it up too for turkey season.

I think ya dun gud.

Duff

Nice oops! Let me know how you like it. I’m still in the market

Duff

The SA20 is made in Turkey by Armsan. The Turks are cranking out guns as fast as they can.

That’s good news, but I haven’t found any here. Still looking

stringmusic

Beauty oops! Love that color on the receiver

I bought a Carlson longbeard choke for my son and longbeard 6’s. I’ll try to remember to post the results when I can to give you some options.

oops1

Buzzard Expert
Nice oops! Let me know how you like it. I’m still in the market

Well so far, not too good. Shot it today and the only round it would cycle out of my grab bag of shells was the Winchester high brass. Wouldn’t kick the remington highs or any of the low brass. Hoping it’s a break in thing.

deast1988

Beauty oops! Love that color on the receiver

I bought a Carlson longbeard choke for my son and longbeard 6’s. I’ll try to remember to post the results when I can to give you some options.

.568 shoots real good hunting patterns, don’t mess with federal TSS. Has a funky wad, but all the others should shoot lights out,

Folks get hung up on TSS, literally pick a constriction then match a shell, I use a .570. The 1000fps of the longbeard scares me. Lead #6 at that speed on gel gasses out at 36yds.

oops1

Buzzard Expert
Wish I’d have seen this prior to spending 50 bucks on the federals. Luckily I saved the receipt

ssramage

That TriStar looks pretty good. I've been hunting with the same single shot 20 gauge for a long time but have a hankering for a semi-auto for a dual purpose gun.

As far as the Federal TSS loads, I've never had a problem with them and they shoot dang good out of everything I run them through.

Gator89

Wish I’d have seen this prior to spending 50 bucks on the federals. Luckily I saved the receipt

I don't think you can return ammo.

The Federal wad is different, when you shoot a round you can watch the wad travel 25-30 yards down range.

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.

The Federal wad is different, when you shoot a round you can watch the wad travel 25-30 yards down range.
There was a non fatal turkey hunting shootn accident a few years ago..I was privy to some of the facts involved. 1, was the wad traveled well over 100 yrds! (12 ga)

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I’ve got a Mossburg SA-20. Have a red dot on it. Shoots lights out but the muzzleloader goes out now. Retired so I’m not pushed as far as time goes.

oops1

Buzzard Expert

I noticed that odd wad,unfortunately, those patterned the best out of the gun. I had the 9’s and the 4-5-6’s and it wasn’t even close.