Most embarrassing thing on a hunting , scouting, or hunting related trip

slow motion

Its a long 6 months or more till deer season cranks back up. So to keep us(me) entertained lets hear your most embaressing/cringe worthy event. Yall know mine. Sentient 4 wheeler and neighbor's soybeans. It's here somewhere but linking to such isn't really in my wheel house. So how bout you? Don't be shy. We(I) need the story.

Jim Boyd

Hmmmm, I have some doozy’s

Lemme think.

Yes, I recall the “Great 4 Wheeler and Bean Field Incident”.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
We shot bows mid day. I hung mine up there. Later jumped in truck. Got to wear hunting. My bow was back at camp. Thought about just sitting there. I go get bow. They all look at me and say u killed one already. I said no just came back. I tried to sneak my bow. Nope they called me braveforgetbow. Rest of the bow season.

slow motion

Hmmmm, I have some doozy’s

Lemme think.

Yes, I recall the “Great 4 Wheeler and Bean Field Incident”.
You should since you had to talk me down off the ledge. Your instructions were basic. Don't stray onto neighbors property. Stay out of the crops. This is a friend of mine. DON'T DO ANYTHING STUPID. Might have been there an hour. facepalm:

slow motion

We shot bows mid day. I hung mine up there. Later jumped in truck. Got to wear hunting. My bow was back at camp. Thought about just sitting there. I go get bow. They all look at me and say u killed one already. I said no just came back. I tried to sneak my bow. Nope they called me braveforgetbow. Rest of the bow season.
Good one. Thanks for sharing.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
30+ years ago during the last week of the season in January, my buddy was desperate to get a deer that season and pestered me to take him to our hunting club before the season was out. Turned out to be the coldest and nastiest weather of the year with temperatures in the low 20's with wind and freezing spits of rain.

We nearly froze to death in a drafty old camper that night and went to some stands on a big power line just before daylight.
The stand he was hunting was to the right about 1/4 mile and mine was to the left about 1/4 mile. I got to my stand and sat there about 20 minutes before I decided that I was too miserable to sit there any longer so I went back to the truck which was another 1/8 mile from the power line.

I got the truck warmed up and the heat going and finally got comfortable and shut the truck off and took a nap. I'd wake up every 45 minutes or so and warm the truck up and would doze off again. Finally, about 3 hours later, my buddy walked up to the truck, shivering uncontrollably. He asked me, "D-d-d-did y-y-you ssssssee anything"? All I said was, "Nope"! :LOL:

sprewett

This didn't happen to me nor was I there I have just heard the aftermath which I believe is worth telling.
My buddy had taken a group of fellas out west on a hunting trip. That evening everybody but one came back. They gave it some time and was about to start a search in the area he had went. When he came walking into camp half frozen and wet. They asked what happened. He said when he was coming back he needed to go to the bathroom and dropped his coveralls, which had a hood, and did his business. When he had finished he quickly covered up and slung on his hood only to realize he had dropped his business in the hood. He said I didn't care that it was 20 degrees I stripped down and took a bath in the creek.

Last edited:

Dr. Strangelove

Drove an hour to sight in rifles pre-season. Unloaded and uncased all the rifles, set up targets. My brother asked where was the ammunition I had painstakingly hand-loaded for each rifle.

"On the kitchen table", I replied.

Well fudge (Like in "A Christmas Story").

Been a long time ago now, I think we went back the next weekend.

menhadenman

About 20 years ago we drank a few too many brewskis before a Saturday deer hunt… next morning I was about 25’ in a tree when my tummy started growling in a bad way.

I lowered my bow and started descending quickly as possible. Made it to the bottom of the tree but when I lifted my leg to step out there was a violent explosion.

Had a new pickup at the time and wound up cutting up my long johns to clean everything up before climbing into that brand new cockpit. Used my long john top for a makeshift diaper and drove home like that. One buddy was there to see me hop out of the truck with nothing on except a diaper and boots.

Never did see a deer :(!

slow motion

About 20 years ago we drank a few too many brewskis before a Saturday deer hunt… next morning I was about 25’ in a tree when my tummy started growling in a bad way.

I lowered my bow and started descending quickly as possible. Made it to the bottom of the tree but when I lifted my leg to step out there was a violent explosion.

Had a new pickup at the time and wound up cutting up my long johns to clean everything up before climbing into that brand new cockpit. Used my long john top for a makeshift diaper and drove home like that. One buddy was there to see me hop out of the truck with nothing on except a diaper and boots.

Never did see a deer :(!
Now THAT is embarrassing. Not sure if I woulda told that. :bounce:

Respect.
:cheers:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Doe at 40 yards. I did a 5 shot mag dump and missed her all 5 times. Figured I had bumped my scope. Went back to camp, out to the range. Nope, put 3 dead center in the 10 ring at 100 yds.

Everybody else comes in at dark, how come you're already back at camp? Did you kill one? I tell the story and they are all No Way, you killed that deer. They insisted let's go look for her. I didn't tell the part about coming back to camp and going to the range until later. They haven't let me live it down yet and that was 20 years ago.

slow motion

Doe at 40 yards. I did a 5 shot mag dump and missed her all 5 times. Figured I had bumped my scope. Went back to camp, out to the range. Nope, put 3 dead center in the 10 ring at 100 yds.

Everybody else comes in at dark, how come you're already back at camp? Did you kill one? I tell the story and they are all No Way, you killed that deer. They insisted let's go look for her. I didn't tell the part about coming back to camp and going to the range until later. They haven't let me live it down yet and that was 20 years ago.
She musta been wearing kevlar. :rolleyes: :rofl:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
She musta been wearing kevlar. :rolleyes: :rofl:

I'm pretty sure the problem was the trigger puller but let's keep that just between us girls umkay? This message board is public. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

slow motion

Killed a tree once with my bow shooting at a doe. Arrow probably still up there.

Didn't make it to camp once because my wife's nephew was having baby shower in Florida. Sorry, can't make it this weekend, got a baby shower to attend facepalm:Caught heck on that one...
Bet that tree with arrow in it woulda made a nice mount. Heck you might start a new trend. A slam is a hickory, oak, pine, and persimmon all in one weekend.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Killed a tree once with my bow shooting at a doe. Arrow probably still up there.

Didn't make it to camp once because my wife's nephew was having baby shower in Florida. Sorry, can't make it this weekend, got a baby shower to attend facepalm:Caught heck on that one...

Bet that tree with arrow in it woulda made a nice mount. Heck you might start a new trend. A slam is a hickory, oak, pine, and persimmon all in one weekend.

I mounted mine :bounce:
20191205_094325.jpg

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Its a long 6 months or more till deer season cranks back up. So to keep us(me) entertained lets hear your most embaressing/cringe worthy event. Yall know mine. Sentient 4 wheeler and neighbor's soybeans. It's here somewhere but linking to such isn't really in my wheel house. So how bout you? Don't be shy. We(I) need the story.

There was a jeep cherokee, some barbed wire, heavy clothes, a big pasture and me involved. And with Bubba narrating