Most embarrassing thing on a hunting , scouting, or hunting related trip

Doc_Holliday23

I just assume that every deer hunter has pooped in his pants (or hood, or like the guy I know who dropped it in his overall straps) at least once in his life.

On of my favorites... we had a little camper on a lease that the owner let a few horses graze. My Dad was asleep in a bunk in the camper with the big front window right next to him. Full moon night and he woke up in the middle of the night with a horse staring into the camper and directly at him about 4" from his face. He screamed and swatted and busted the window out of the camper.

slow motion

Gotta be some more. Come on folks. If you can't laugh at yourself you will miss a lot of good humor.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Not deer hunting but turkey related. Way back before cell phones, on line maps etc. I spent 2 hours one morning working a bird. He was gobbling like crazy but I could not get him or his hens to budge.

I could see what looked like a opening that appeared to be where he was at so I proceed to sneak, low crawl to it. After 20 minutes I could see some grass so thought he was in a pasture of some sort with his hens. I ease up to the edge and peer out only to find out I had snuck up to some ones back yard and their penned up turkeys.

Did find out that another club member did the same the year prior.

Buck70

Not deer hunting but turkey related. Way back before cell phones, on line maps etc. I spent 2 hours one morning working a bird. He was gobbling like crazy but I could not get him or his hens to budge.

I could see what looked like a opening that appeared to be where he was at so I proceed to sneak, low crawl to it. After 20 minutes I could see some grass so thought he was in a pasture of some sort with his hens. I ease up to the edge and peer out only to find out I had snuck up to some ones back yard and their penned up turkeys.

I did the exact same thing.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I just assume that every deer hunter has pooped in his pants (or hood, or like the guy I know who dropped it in his overall straps) at least once in his life.

On of my favorites... we had a little camper on a lease that the owner let a few horses graze. My Dad was asleep in a bunk in the camper with the big front window right next to him. Full moon night and he woke up in the middle of the night with a horse staring into the camper and directly at him about 4" from his face. He screamed and swatted and busted the window out of the camper.
The following is to be read to yourself in Morgan Freeman's voice.

Oh, I've left several pairs of draws strewn throughout these southeastern Georgia woods and swamps. Do you know how hard it is to pull your pants down while wearing a pair of hip waders? :rofl:

slow motion

The following is to be read to yourself in Morgan Freeman's voice.

Oh, I've left several pairs of draws strewn throughout these southeastern Georgia woods and swamps. Do you know how hard it is to pull your pants down while wearing a pair of hip waders? :rofl:
Brother britches modeling his new line of hunting pants.Screenshot_20240319-181017_Chrome.jpg

Swamprat

Swamprat
.Do you know how hard it is to pull your pants down while wearing a pair of hip waders? :rofl:
Same reason I ditched camo coveralls.

We would be surveying in areas that were hunting leases and generally a few months after the season ended and several rains one of my crew members would go "Look at these gloves somebody dropped and they look in pretty good shape"

I would kinda look the area over as to where they were found and 90% of the time you could tell when somebody backed into a bush to dump.

I just said enjoy but some hunter used them to wipe their butt. Some would say no way and others looked like Olympic champions in the discus throw.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Same reason I ditched camo coveralls.

We would be surveying in areas that were hunting leases and generally a few months after the season ended and several rains one of my crew members would go "Look at these gloves somebody dropped and they look in pretty good shape"

I would kinda look the area over as to where they were found and 90% of the time you could tell when somebody backed into a bush to dump.

I just said enjoy but some hunter used them to wipe their butt. Some would say no way and others looked like Olympic champions in the discus throw.

iu

What ever clothing I find in the woods, stays in the woods! :bounce:

grouper throat

Did that one Hickory Mound WMA following my dad around as a kid. We never let him live it down.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
One involved an old Baker tree. Climbing a tree using a bear hug, set it and was getting ready for another grab and zoom, down the tree I go. I grab the tree and the side of my face gets all tore up.

Link up with a buddy, asked what happened, tell him, he about dies laughing. Go to a diner, waitress asked what happened and he blurts out, "he's got the Baker rash". She was a little hesitant bringing my order.

Last edited:

BOWFINWHITT

A couple of years ago I was bow hunting and had one of my target bucks come in drew my bow back and settled in on a very easy 17 yd shot, squeezed the trigger and KAPOW!!! The deer ran off, I couldn't figure out how I missed the shot . Then as the sun came up so I could see a lot better. just sitting there thinking about it over and over I looked at my bow and saw that my quiver still had all my arrows still in it. I never nocked an arrow

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Went through a quiver of arrows (6) two different times when I was young...so there's that :rofl:

mattb78

Nature called very violently one morning and I could barely make it out of the stand which was very close to a main road. Hunt finishes and another member came walking down the road on my way out. When we passed the special spot I said man I didn't know we had bears here.

Other member starts examining it. Gets a stick out and "stirs it". I meanwhile am trying to keep it together. I said man that bear must have just left there is still steam coming from it! We sure had fun about him "stirring the pot" for years.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder sometimes what kind of diet yall are on. I live off grease and stuff and never have these fecal crises when I’m hunting?

godogs57

Ever peed on a deer? My second deer ever. Sitting in my stand about to pop. Couldn’t wait any longer. Got on my knees and unzipped….let a steady stream fly twenty feet to the ground. I had not noticed a buck headed my way and he walked directly under my stand into my pee stream. He jumped a couple of feet in the air and startled the mess out of me!

He took off running, stopping about fifty yards out trying to figure out what just happened. I grabbed my rifle and shot him with Mr Happy still hanging out. Stood up, zipped up, got down and started dragging.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Ever peed on a deer? My second deer ever. Sitting in my stand about to pop. Couldn’t wait any longer. Got on my knees and unzipped….let a steady stream fly twenty feet to the ground. I had not noticed a buck headed my way and he walked directly under my stand into my pee stream. He jumped a couple of feet in the air and startled the mess out of me!

He took off running, stopping about fifty yards out trying to figure out what just happened. I grabbed my rifle and shot him with Mr Happy still hanging out. Stood up, zipped up, got down and started dragging.
:rofl:
I spit bakker juice on a button buck once, is as far as I've went.

jaydawg

WIENER, er I mean, WINNER!!…

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
My first bow deer back in the brass pins on a bracket and no cam days. Sitting in a hang on stand and the honey suckle to my left started moving up and down. Took me a minute to process there was a deer pulling mouth fulls of honey suckle down. It was a large doe. I come to full draw and could hear my heart pounding in my ears. Dang pin is moving every where. I finally get things kinda settled down, the pin settles in the right place and thwack. The deer doesn’t even go out of sight, falls about 20 yds away kicking. I sit there a bit quietly gathering myself. Grabbed my skinning knife out of my pack and headed to my deer. As I bend over the deer to start gutting her I look up and there stands two yearlings staring at me. I didn’t move, they didn’t move. This must have lasted a couple minutes. I looked at the deer and thought how lucky I was three came in under my stand at once. Then my eyes went up the tree to where my bow sat in the holder on the front of my stand. Talk about going from elated to deflated, I felt like a dang fool.