Mountain deer

Tagged out this evening. Season started real slow in the mountains, but buck movement has really picked up after the snow storm passed. Caught this ol’ boy cruising late morning. Get out there quick if you can.

Attachments

• 72CB7787-65F1-4F60-AAA2-B5D563C08AEA.jpg
    72CB7787-65F1-4F60-AAA2-B5D563C08AEA.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 1,818

jbogg

Great looking buck! Congrats! I will be up there tomorrow for one last hurrah on NF before the season closes.

Awesome! Was that in Rabun? What area did you kill him in? I hunt some near the lake (close to the dam) and some in Tiger. It is tough hunting for sure.

tree cutter 08

Great buck! You have finished another successful season! Like always you know how to get if done! This season has been tough and I've seen the least amount of rut activity ever.

Hillbilly stalker

Man that is a stud of a buck ! Congratulations ! What kinda weight you reckon he was on the hoof ?

The mtn man

Nice!!

Man that is a stud of a buck ! Congratulations ! What kinda weight you reckon he was on the hoof ?

I’d guess he was in the 165 lb range live weight. Several of the bucks I’ve killed over past several years have consistently field dressed around 145. Just heavy enough to be in a real predicament when they run to the bottom of a steep ravine and die!

That's getting it done!
Great buck!
Now how do we get it down the mountain?:cool:

I bought a framed pack made mainly for western hunting and have started quartering them and packing them out. It’s still a heavy load out, but a lot more manageable for one person than dragging. Game carts are also great if you’ve got flat terrain or an old road bed, but I didn’t have that option this time.

stiles1682

That's an awesome mountain deer right there. +1 on the frame pack. I just started hunting Montana and you gotta pack those deer out of the high country there also. Great Mountain deer. Congrats