My Christmas Miracle That I Pray Will Come True........

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I had originally planned to leave earlier today and drive to Orlando along with my Daughter and Son-in-Law to accomplish something that I never thought possible until just a few days ago.

I think of it as MY CHRISTMAS MIRACLE IN THE MAKING. This trip to Orlando took on a very personal double meaning to me as originally we were going to attend the Georgia Southern University Football Bowl Game this coming Saturday in Orlando of which we still plan to accomplish. NOW, my ulterior motive also for this trip is to visit with three very close lady friends that all work at OrangeLake Resort which is located right beside the western border with DISNEYWORLD. I have been an owner there since 1988 and have enjoyed vacationing there and playing lots of golf etc with several of my friends from across the country. These ladies all work in the HOUSEKEEPING DEPARTMENT and have always been so helpful over the past several years now. Just this past July, after we had checked in, I realized that we were missing a can opener in our villa so I called Housekeeping and within 30 seconds, the doorbell was ringing and Ms. Ila had us a brand new can opener that was still sealed in the package. I couldn't believe how fast that was delivered but Ms Ila said that she was only 50 yards away when you got the call and she knew that she had some spares on her service van. Mrs. Ila is approximately 75-78 years old and she is a great ambassador for OrangeLake and she just doesn't want to stop working because she just loves people as such and everyone absolutely loves her. Her and her husband always send me a Christmas card each year and I had just received it two days ago. Strangely when I called their Housekeeping office today, Ms. Awilda, the dispatch Director, laughed and said that they had just been talking about me and hoping that things were going well for me.

When we vacationed there again back in July of this year, I found out that two of these ladies happened to be battling cancer and one in particular named Jennifer was really having a tough time with her ongoing treatments and ultimately has not been able to work for several months. She was just finally able to return to work again very recently and I plan to visit all three of these dear ladies face to face again day after tomorrow. I also plan to deliver Christmas cards and presents to all three BUT I also plan to make life a little bit less stressful monetarily especially for Jennifer since she has not been able to work and keep up her normal paycheck as such. I am just delighted that she is somewhat better so that finally she could return to work again.

There have been lots of you members here that have offered me numerous PRAYERS over these years and I am so thankful for your kind gestures too. Of course, there may be some people who might think that I am crazy for having compassion for others but I am proud to say THAT IS THE WAY THAT MY PARENTS RAISED ME AND THEY TAUGHT ME TO ALWAYS DO MY BEST TO HELP EVERYBODY THAT I COULD TODAY BECAUSE THE PERSON THAT YOU HELP TODAY COULD VERY EASILY BE THE PERSON THAT HELPS YOU TOMORROW WHEN YOU MIGHT NEED IT MOST. I have also stated that fact many times here on GON since I became a member here back in 2006.

Even though I have had some health related problems more recently, I have still enjoyed some really wonderful years of profitability for my business and especially during the past couple of years. I know that I have enjoyed a fantastic career and I realize that it is getting more into the twilight years these days.

When my time is done here, I surely hope that my epitaph clearly shows that I was always a giver to those in need and never a taker as such. My beautiful 30 year old girlfriend is exactly like I am because she has always given back throughout her entire lifetime as well. She has been an absolute angel to me since we met back about 2 years now.

Feel free to google OrangeLake Resort in Florida to see what a wonderful paradise that it really is.

The first photo is where I will be staying for this trip....and yes, that was my second shot into this green on this par 5 hole back in July.

The second and third photos are also from back in July with Mrs. Ila and myself in one photo and then the last photo with all three of these wonderful ladies with Ms. Ila, Jennifer and the lady on the right is Ms. Awilda. Jennifer is the lady in the middle that is wearing red. If you find it in your heart, I would appreciate it if you might send up some special Prayers for Jennifer so that this cancer might be cured entirely.

ps: I couldn't think of anything better than for GSU to win this BOWL GAME AND FOR MS. JENNIFER TO BE CANCER FREE REALLY SOON.

Thank You and Merry Christmas to all of you.

Hopefully, we will all get some sleep and I hope to get on the road heading South by 5 AM at the latest in the morning.VACATION PHOTOS 7-2019 053.JPGVACATION PHOTOS 7-2019 072.JPGVACATION PHOTOS 7-2019 081.JPG

j_seph

True stand up man as always, safe travels and continue to spread the love. That is what we are to do on this earth the short time we have on it. Have a Merry, Merry Christmas sir.

Hunter922

Hope this wish comes true. Prayers for all who fight and their loved one's and friends this holiday.
You're a good man EE..

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Safe trip and here's to a happy reunion with your friends (and a win for GA Southern).

wvdawg

Staff member
So - did you make that putt?

Merry Christmas - blessings to all!

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Merry Christmas Sir.
Praying that you are blessed as you bless others.