My days as a fat slob were costly

MOTS

Get you a BP monitor and a box of salt and see for yourself. My blood pressure got extremely low once when the doctor changed my meds to the extent my sight was going out as both numbers had went below 60. My mother who used to be a RN told me to eat salt and lots of it. I did and in less than an hour it was approaching normal. So that's my proof it will raise it, it saved my life.

transfixer

It’s like saying eating fat makes you fat. Salt is not your enemy.
Fluid retention can be a kidney problem, and an excess salt problem, our bodies do need salt, but salt in excess will cause BP to raise, its been proven time and again, I can use too much season all on my lean beef I cook and after a few days my BP is higher than normal, I go back to using salt free seasonings on it and my BP comes back down to normal within a couple of days

Maybe it doesn't work like that for everyone, but I've experimented with the no salt seasonings, and used seasonings that have salt in them, ever since I had bypass surgery back in 2011, all my cardiologists have always recommended a low salt diet as well,

my last lab work my sodium level # was 138 , recommended range is 136-145 ,

bassboy1

Get you a BP monitor and a box of salt and see for yourself. My blood pressure got extremely low once when the doctor changed my meds to the extent my sight was going out as both numbers had went below 60. My mother who used to be a RN told me to eat salt and lots of it. I did and in less than an hour it was approaching normal. So that's my proof it will raise it, it saved my life.
That's an equilibrium issue, not a salt issue. On the low salt diet, your body was doing what it could to make up for the lack of salt. When shock loaded with additional qtys, everything got out of sync for a short period of time, until everything balanced out. It's briefly explained starting at minute 5:14 in the video I posted.

Those responses do not repeat when in a consistent high salt diet.

sinclair1

Glucose improving! I have my father’s meter. Not worried about my cholesterol, it was only 212 and my diet was full of burgers and ribs for the last several months, along with the winter less active months.

I am on my strict fix it quick plan.

transfixer

Glucose improving! I have my father’s meter. Not worried about my cholesterol, it was only 212 and my diet was full of burgers and ribs for the last several months, along with the winter less active months.

I am on my strict fix it quick plan.

was that 212 total cholesterol ?

earlthegoat2

I have high BP. Well pre-hypertension, so just a bit high.

They want me on drugs but I just use diet and exercise….mostly exercise and that keeps it below worrisome levels.

Most medical groups are owned by private equity these days so you are better off toughing it out on your own in most instances anyway.

sinclair1

was that 212 total cholesterol ?
Needs to be below 200. The triglyceride's were up some too, but my diet has been poor so most should be normal by next appointment. I got hooked on this Double Burger and onion rings at a local place. I bet I had 8 last month.

I am hungry and worn out. I parked the riding mower and used the push yesterday.

sinclair1

I have high BP. Well pre-hypertension, so just a bit high.

They want me on drugs but I just use diet and exercise….mostly exercise and that keeps it below worrisome levels.

Most medical groups are owned by private equity these days so you are better off toughing it out on your own in most instances anyway.
surprisingly my BP was ok. My job is less stressful which helps. Back when I was running a high stress job, mine was 160 being skinny.
I am not messing around because like you, I ain’t taking no drugs if I can help it. Getting older so hopefully I can win.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
That’s a kidney problem not a salt problem

Nope. For most Americans their kidneys are just fine. They are consuming too much salt.

transfixer

Needs to be below 200. The triglyceride's were up some too, but my diet has been poor so most should be normal by next appointment. I got hooked on this Double Burger and onion rings at a local place. I bet I had 8 last month.

I am hungry and worn out. I parked the riding mower and used the push yesterday.

Check into adding Nattokinase to your regime, its not a drug, its an enzyme, lot of medical studies on it, it can prevent blood clots , and plaque in arteries and also reduces cholesterol, not expensive,

transfixer

The are consuming way to many carbs. They are the problem with 99% of what ever anyone has.

too many junk carbs, that have little to no nutrition is the main problem, and not enough protein, the food we buy today doesn't have the nutrients that food 40yrs ago had, you can't even trust meat to be as nutritious as it used to be,

1john4:4

I started cutting carbs on March 8th. I also started chewing a few crystals of celtic sea salt followed by drinking water to help with hydration. Lost 15lbs and just had my annual violation at the docs office. All numbers were great and bp was the lowest it's ever been at 128/60. Been eating lots of bacon and eggs including the rich egg yolks that are supposed to be bad for you. I have a feeling that pharmaceutical companies are the ones that invented the food pyramid to help drive up sales.

sinclair1

Still hitting it hard. Dropped 12 lbs super fast because I was a bloated pig.

Eating vegetables and nuts with a few meats thrown in there. I fast breakfast and do a protein shake, banana and boiled egg for lunch.

Dinner starts with a salad and I add what ever it takes to get the protein and fat numbers.

My maintenance is 3500 cals and I am doing 1200 for three weeks. It’s what works for me to get the body to react.

My appointment is end of month. I am going to win the no meds for life game!