My days as a fat slob were costly

sinclair1

So I have been enjoying all the tasty food of the coast as well as my smoker.

Well I went to the doctor for the first time since moving down here. What? My numbers are terrible and you want me to take pills. No sez I. I am not taking prescriptions because I over enjoyed myself.

Time for more exercise and better food choices. It’s been 56 years medicine free and I ain’t starting now.

hopper

Well I went to the doctor for the first time since moving down here. What? My numbers are terrible and you want me to take pills. No sez I. I am not taking prescriptions because I over enjoyed myself.

Time for more exercise and better food choices. It’s been 56 years medicine free and I ain’t starting now.
Good for you Buddy. I'm not to keen on meds myself. I'm more go natural as a 1st line of defense. Exercise and good food go along way.

transfixer

You don't have to get all into exercise, all that will do is make you more hungry ! depending on what numbers were out of whack, cholesterol or blood sugar ? you can start turning it around in a month or so if you are determined, but you have to be determined

madsam

I agree with you Sinclair. I am not on any meds for anything but I have
a exercise regiment that most youngins couldn't do. If I ever get to the point
that I do need them something will have to change before I start taking
meds. Main thing for me is a good exercise regiment and I started intermitten fasting back in December.....Also, replaced lunch with
good for ya food....Mainly fruits /nuts....Eat whatever for supper. Check out
intermitten fasting , may or may not be for you.

Tight Lines

Same here a while back. Started eating healthier, quit drinking, and working out more.

I still eat terrible, just not every meal.

Quiz for those in the back: what is worse for cholesterol, eggs or sugar?

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill

Good for you! I'm going through the same thing right now. Unfortunately, I've been on blood pressure meds since my mid 20's despite working out 3-4 days a week, weighing 180 pounds, and running 3 miles 2 days a week. My doctor believes it could be genetic or just something odd about the way I am.

Unfortunately in my 30's, I let myself go, gained a lot of weight and now I'm paying for it. But, I'm making some changes in diet and exercise too with my doctors help.

Last edited:

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I’m 64 u see me running. Look behind me and u will see a gamewarden. ;)
Lols
I walk a lot. I have a bike need to ride it. They say the bike is better for the knee. I know I ran a lot many years ago. I take a few pills. Not many and they have helped.

transfixer

Same here a while back. Started eating healthier, quit drinking, and working out more.

I still eat terrible, just not every meal.

Quiz for those in the back: what is worse for cholesterol, eggs or sugar?

Sugar is absolutely the worst thing for our bodies ! Eggs are not bad for you ! Our bodies actually need cholesterol in order to function properly, inflammation has more to do with artery blockages than cholesterol does, and sugar feeds inflammation !

sinclair1

Good for you! I'm going through the same thing right now. Unfortunately, I've been on blood pressure meds since my mid 20's despite working out 3-4 days a week, weighing 180 pounds, and running 3 miles 2 days a week.
Unfortunately in my 30's, I let myself go, gained a lot of weight and now I'm paying for it. But, I'm making some changes in diet and exercise too with my doctors help.
I knew I was eating too much fried foods and sweets, but thought I could get away with it. I can fix it.

Mines cholesterol (212) and raised A1C. My blood pressure is good. The A1C took me by surprise as it was great last check in 2021.

I was used to going to the doctor every few years, getting a good report and going about my day.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
I knew I was eating too much fried foods and sweets, but thought I could get away with it. I can fix it.

Mines cholesterol (212) and raised A1C. My blood pressure is good. The A1C took me by surprise as it was great last check in 2021.

I was used to going to the doctor every few years, getting a good report and going about my day.
Yeah, I know exactly where you're coming from because that sounds very similar to me.
Despite my weight, I got good reports for 20+ years. Fortunately my cholesterol continues to be good and I gave up excess sugar years ago, but I am starting some meds to help my A1C and to lose weight. Once I get down to a better weight, I can come off of them so long as I don't gain weight again.
I'm pretty much giving up bread, potatoes, rice, pasta, and those type of carbs for a long while. My doctor said she doesn't want me going full keto because it can cause high cholesterol and she doesn't want me messing up my good cholesterol numbers. She said that if I just give up those things and eat as I normally do with more vegetable substitutions, I'll be fine.
Good substitutions are key. Fortunately, there's not hardly any vegetables that I don't like.

poohbear

Look up the proper human diet with Dr Ken Berry on YouTube he is on every Monday night. It’s carnivore or low carb but it works and will lower all them high readings within months. We are being lied too we are not suppose to eat from the 4 food groups.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Look up the proper human diet with Dr Ken Berry on YouTube he is on every Monday night. It’s carnivore or low carb but it works and will lower all them high readings within months. We are being lied too we are not suppose to eat from the 4 food groups.
Yep, and sugar is being added to everything and we wonder why diabetes is a problem. It's no wonder we become insulin resistant.

transfixer

The majority of Doctors will NOT tell you what you really need to do in order to get your lab results into the good range, if they do you won't need cholesterol meds, diabetic meds, or the new "super weight loss " drugs that are for diabetics but are used off label to lose weight ! Which are not good for you at ALL ! you will lose muscle tone, and have digestive tract issues with those drugs !

Doctors are in the business of writing scripts and ordering tests, that is how they make their money ! they don't make money telling us how to actually get healthy ! Remember that and you'll be much better off !

Latest posts