My Project/Money Pit (pic heavy)

GoldDot40

Senior Member
Thread starter #21
Don't need no stinkin AC. I used this AC delete box to really clean up that side of the engine bay.


Cut a template to mark the firewall to so I could measure and drill holes to mount it
 

GoldDot40

Senior Member
Thread starter #23
Even used the opportunity to install a new brake booster. LOT easier with the fenders and hood gone...
 

GoldDot40

Senior Member
Thread starter #25
Finally started getting some paint on it. Sikkens paint system in Astral Black...probably the blackest, richest black available. These pictures don't even come close to the real deal...






With the doors hung and adjusted




 

GoldDot40

Senior Member
Thread starter #26
With the fenders, rear spoiler and rear bumper on.





Still got some wet sanding and buffing on the front fenders and a little more work to do on the front bumper.
This is where we are currently. I'll put up some more pics when we make some more progress.
 

Lukikus2

Senior Member
#28
The center of gravity was always forward on the Z's. Alot of guys ran traction bars on them. Nice build. Been a long time since I've seen an orange block :cheers:
 

GoldDot40

Senior Member
Thread starter #30
Nice build. Been a long time since I've seen an orange block :cheers:
I'm sure I may get a little criticism at some car shows for the orange block. Chevrolet changed from orange to 'GM corporate blue' from 1977-81...then to black in '82 & up. The engine I ran previous to this one was in fact the correct blue for the era (it was pretty too). It didn't have quite as much radical hardware this one has.
 

T-N-T

Senior Member
#31
I'm a huge fan of orange blocks
I'm also a huge fan of people fixing old cars over buying new

Really slick ride golddot
 

GoldDot40

Senior Member
Thread starter #32
Appreciate the compliments folks. From the 1st pic of this thread to the last is dang near a 9 year span. This isn't something I did in just a few weekends. There's been a lot of time, work, attention to detail and a LOT of money invested in this 'project'. It's so close to being finished yet so much that still needs to be done. I'll keep updating this thread as I make progress.
 

GoldDot40

Senior Member
Thread starter #34
Refurbished tail lights with brand new lens. Happy with how they turned out.
 
#35
GoldDot40......coolest posts ever.


I'm looking forward to seeing you ride restoration continuing.
 

GoldDot40

Senior Member
Thread starter #36
GoldDot40......coolest posts ever.


I'm looking forward to seeing you ride restoration continuing.
Thanks. Had way too much going on right now to spend a lot of time working on it. That front urethane bumper cover had to be repainted. We painted it before installing it and not realizing how much we would have to flex it to fit it. Paint cracked in a few spots. Just a bit of unnecessary work to add to a ton of work already done.

The bumper cover is on and secure now, so we'll redo it on the car. Just have to mask off the rest of it.
 

Wycliff

Senior Member
#38
Thanks. Had way too much going on right now to spend a lot of time working on it. That front urethane bumper cover had to be repainted. We painted it before installing it and not realizing how much we would have to flex it to fit it. Paint cracked in a few spots. Just a bit of unnecessary work to add to a ton of work already done.

The bumper cover is on and secure now, so we'll redo it on the car. Just have to mask off the rest of it.
Just curious did you add flex additive to the paint
 

GoldDot40

Senior Member
Thread starter #39
Just curious did you add flex additive to the paint
Yes...but that will only allow minor flexing. We had to REALLY flex some corners to get this thing where it needed to be. That's what you get sometimes with reproduction parts.
 

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
#40
Looks great.
 
Top