My Sister....

dominantpredator

Pnome, I am sorry for your sister's diagnosis. I am glad to know that she knows right where she is headed. I am not here to change your belief's but to tell you something some people learn the hard way. The Lord works in mysterious ways. I believe that sometimes the loss of a family member will ignite the non believer's desire to be what God has in store for all of us. I know, I lost my daddy to lung cancer, Large Cell Carcinoma, in 1999. It was very devestating for us all. I saw loved ones pulled to Christ when the hurt got unbearable. I was sad to say the least; however, the faith in me has endured and I know now and I knew then, I would see my daddy again. You will be on your knees one day. It will be on your own or he will put you down on them. But you will confess that Jesus is Lord.

ambush80

Pnome, I am sorry for your sister's diagnosis. I am glad to know that she knows right where she is headed. I am not here to change your belief's but to tell you something some people learn the hard way. The Lord works in mysterious ways. I believe that sometimes the loss of a family member will ignite the non believer's desire to be what God has in store for all of us. I know, I lost my daddy to lung cancer, Large Cell Carcinoma, in 1999. It was very devestating for us all. I saw loved ones pulled to Christ when the hurt got unbearable. I was sad to say the least; however, the faith in me has endured and I know now and I knew then, I would see my daddy again. You will be on your knees one day. It will be on your own or he will put you down on them. But you will confess that Jesus is Lord.

This doesn't seem appropriate to me.

earl

Banned
It was extremely inappropriate. But what else would you expect from a Christian. His mission to save a soul trumps any and all compassion for a fellow human being . This is pretty much what my dad told me when we had a miscarriage. Needless to say ,my response was appropriate and lasted up until the day he died.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
It was extremely inappropriate. But what else would you expect from a Christian. His mission to save a soul trumps any and all compassion for a fellow human being . This is pretty much what my dad told me when we had a miscarriage. Needless to say ,my response was appropriate and lasted up until the day he died.

earl, I'm a Christian and I agree it was a foolish post. Please don't lump us all together.

earl

Banned
Sorry Rooster . That was a broad stroke and not intended to include all .

Pnome, I am sorry for your sister's diagnosis. I am glad to know that she knows right where she is headed. I am not here to change your belief's but to tell you something some people learn the hard way. The Lord works in mysterious ways. I believe that sometimes the loss of a family member will ignite the non believer's desire to be what God has in store for all of us. I know, I lost my daddy to lung cancer, Large Cell Carcinoma, in 1999. It was very devestating for us all. I saw loved ones pulled to Christ when the hurt got unbearable. I was sad to say the least; however, the faith in me has endured and I know now and I knew then, I would see my daddy again.

You were doing great up until this point....

You will be on your knees one day. It will be on your own or he will put you down on them. But you will confess that Jesus is Lord.

...and this is where your post turned to pure garbage.

Before you are born you have a upper spirit then after birth the upper spirit connects with the child on earth and the upper spirit sends part of itself over time into the one on earth who develops from this a lower spirit. This does not mean one is better than the other the upper spirits handles things in the astral planes and the lower spirit handles things on earth, This process of sharing can take about two years as the child grows physically.

Upon death the two spirits recombine. If the death happens quickly there is a place in the astral planes this happens - if the death is a slow one then it happens over the period that the one on earth is dying. As the dying process intensifies there is less and less of the lower spirit in the body and more and more of the higher spirit. As the person connects more and more with the upper spirit they become more spiritual themselves.

You will see them not wanting to talk about hings that are negative, they are connecting more and more with others that have passed on so they will want to talk a lot about Pappa, and Nana, and what they think of old Uncle Ed - that sort of thing. Also their religious belief will become more important to them. They know now more than ever that their belief system and will implore those they are leaving behind to convert to their way of religion.

The journey to the other side can be gentle for some and arduous for others and since her journey is starting while she is still mostly on this side the best thing to do it to bring love and compassion to her journey so it will be gentle as possible. Support don't contradict her beliefs, relate to her happy memories you all have had together or funny things you remember about others you both have know. Let her know in various ways how much she has been loved by others and if she is worried about things that have happened in her life that are less than positive then fill her with goodness and mercy.

When she finally drops into comas these are the times she is talking and communicating to those on the other side to help her with her passing - at this point she is acutely aware of what is going on in the earthly and the spiritual sides for she is in both at the same time. You may see her mumbling and jerking some and that is in response to her communication on the other side. During these times it is good to hold her hand and process a positive energy from you into her for this will be known by her and appreciated.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Not sure what to tell you. It's not the same as a demented 90 year old grandmother that tells the same story about WWII every 20 minutes. At least with that one you can act like you never heard the story before and the day goes on pleasantly.

For me, I'd have no issue with telling them what they want to hear. That may involve going to church with her or something, swearing that you'll give it a try, etc. Sorry you're facing this at any rate.

dominantpredator

Sorry, if you were offended by me. I will try to explain what I mean. The Bible states that every knee shall bend and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. I am not a scaredy cat at all, like someone indicated earlier. I fear the Lord, but I am not afraid of him. I was not poking fun at you at all. Nor was I trying to make light of anyone's situation. Listen, I have friends who are non believers. I consider most people to be on a friendly type basis with me. I don't usually try to pick a fight or engage someone because of a difference in beliefs. Not trying to do it here either. I was simply blurting out what was on my mind. I came to this section out of curiosity I suppose. But I will leave you alone to dwell amongst yourselves if that is what you so wish.

earl

Banned
''But I will leave you alone to dwell amongst yourselves if that is what you so wish.''

Nope . Just wish you could understand that there is a time and place for everything and your post was out of place. A simple apology ,rather than another sermon, would have been the right thing to do . Your overwhelming need to proselytize ,no matter what , is disrespectful and certainly does nothing to portray your beliefs in a good light.
Your attitude is one of many reasons I turned my back on Christianity. Try thinking before your fingers ''blurt out'' whats on your mind.

pnome

Well, just as an update, the "conversation" has now become pretty much family wide.

It's a full court press. I love my family. And the apple didn't fall too far from the tree. Even though we are on opposite sides in this, I can see myself in their approach.

My mother has brought up an interesting thought that I had not considered before:

"Rather than diminishing your intellect, faith in that which cannot be proved, expands your experience into something that transcends our physical self."

Deep stuff, gonna have to think about my response to that.

ambush80

Well, just as an update, the "conversation" has now become pretty much family wide.

It's a full court press. I love my family. And the apple didn't fall too far from the tree. Even though we are on opposite sides in this, I can see myself in their approach.

My mother has brought up an interesting thought that I had not considered before:

"Rather than diminishing your intellect, faith in that which cannot be proved, expands your experience into something that transcends our physical self."

Deep stuff, gonna have to think about my response to that.

Sounds like using your imagination.

1gr8bldr

Hey pnome, My hearts burdened for you and your family. Tell her that you will give it some thought.

The Bible states that every knee shall bend and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

The Bible also says women should cover their head when they pray. Does your wife / girlfriend / daughter do this?

PNome, fellow heathen... certainly our thoughts go out to you and your sister. I lost my mother to breast cancer when I was 21 back in February of 2002. Certainly be there for your sister... be patient, and listen. But don't falsely tell her that you've taken up Christianity just to make her happy. If it takes an honest conversation where you simply tell her that you certainly appreciate her concern for you in this difficult time, but that you're unlikely to change your point of view when it comes to religion any more than she is, then so be it. Short and sweet and then get on with spending time with her and other loved ones.

atlashunter

Sorry to hear about your sister pnome. This is why I didn't ever tell my grandmother and grandfather about my views before they died. I didn't want them worrying about what would happen to me or if they would ever see me in the afterlife. But it's good that you can at least be open with your family and talk about it without too much angst. Not every family has that.

ted_BSR

Pnome - my Mom has just finished treatment for stage 3 breast cancer. A whole year of her life spent being sicker than I have ever been. My heart goes out to your family, as I have a taste of the fear and pain that you all must be feeling right now. Be the best and strongest you can, and listen to your heart. Prayers for you all.

pnome

Pnome - my Mom has just finished treatment for stage 3 breast cancer. A whole year of her life spent being sicker than I have ever been. My heart goes out to your family, as I have a taste of the fear and pain that you all must be feeling right now. Be the best and strongest you can, and listen to your heart. Prayers for you all.

Thanks ted.

CAL

pnome,I am so sorry your sister is in this condition.I know it has to be very depressing to know she is dieing.I had to watch as my sister do the same thing.I know where you are coming from.I wish there were something I could say or do to help you through what is coming.Just saying "sorry"seems so little to me.I will ask my Lord to lay a peace on your heart to help you through what is coming.Peace and Blessing to you Sir!

pnome

pnome,I am so sorry your sister is in this condition.I know it has to be very depressing to know she is dieing.I had to watch as my sister do the same thing.I know where you are coming from.I wish there were something I could say or do to help you through what is coming.Just saying "sorry"seems so little to me.I will ask my Lord to lay a peace on your heart to help you through what is coming.Peace and Blessing to you Sir!

Thanks CAL, but if you're gonna pray, don't pray for me, pray for Laura.