N GA Taxidermist Recommendations

mtnhunt

So this is my first year in GA after moving from WA and of the many headaches finding a new taxidermist is on that list. I got a decent buck last weekend that I am looking to shoulder mount. Im located in Jasper but willing to drive probably up to 1.5hrs. Ive been searching around and kind of have a list. Ive done this on multiple occasions but didnt write them down ... and with 2 young kids Im sure Im missing some that I originally considered. Carter, Wild Life, Fortner and Sportsmaster. Im not looking for the cheapest option. Most would cry if they knew what I paid for my last mount in western WA. Dont let that give the impression that I actually have money to spend. :ROFLMAO: Any input on my current options or any more to consider that are closer?

Todd E

I have no clue if you're just searching or actually calling and conversing with candidates.

**Things are kinda different now. The good ones have done anything from saying not accepting new clients to saying only accepting a certain number of whitetail shoulder mounts.

mtnhunt

I have no clue if you're just searching or actually calling and conversing with candidates.

**Things are kinda different now. The good ones have done anything from saying not accepting new clients to saying only accepting a certain number of whitetail shoulder mounts.
Havent gotten around to calling yet. Today was get a list set and then hopefully tomorrow Ill have time to start calling.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I’ve heard good things about Fortner’s that u mentioned . You’ve came to the right place , I’m sure someone will point you in the right direction . Congrats on a great buck

Mcmicken in Cartersville ga. They have done a couple for me and do a great job been in business for a long time.
Second place would be Chris fortner mentioned above he is great also

Arrow3

Kevin Batson just outside of Watkinsville is my choice. He's been doing my work for years and I have sent multiple friends to him and they have all been happy.

Hunter922

John Crane or Lee Johnson( Unique Taxidermy)
I've had work done by a few of the expensive guys in central Ga.. The two I listed are as good as this state offers,.and less $ than the others.

dhsnke

Greg Gallman, Sportsmaster Taxidermy. He's on Hwy 225 in Murray county. You will not be disappointed

DMCox

The Rack shack in Canton should be pretty close to you. He's newer, but does some good work. Just dropped off 2 bucks with him yesterday. 678-577-0779

sowega hunter

Fortner did one for me I killed in 2020. I'm very pleased with it. It did take 18 months to get it back. He also mounted some ducks for me a few years ago that look great.

Attachments

• 20220701_171153.jpg
    20220701_171153.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Greg at Woody's or Fortner. You can't go wrong with either one.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Hugh /Antler Creations near Lavonia GA

Latest posts