Need a leather sheath for a sentimental knife

Impact97

Not sure if this is the right place, but I have an old Rigid USA R36(I think) 7 inch fixed blade that was my father-in-law's and I need a sheath for it that will do it right and keep it safe for me. Any ideas as to where to go or who to talk to?

Much appreciated,

Derek

Attachments

• IMG_0019.jpg
    IMG_0019.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0020.jpg
    IMG_0020.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Impact97

This is the sheath he made for it. It is the knife in the sheath. The sheath only has 2 holes in the back and is attached to the handmade quiver. My fear is I will lose it in the woods, thus the desire for a carry sheath. Maybe I can slice the existing sheath in some way and stitch the ends of the slice?

Attachments

• IMG_0021.jpg
    IMG_0021.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0022.jpg
    IMG_0022.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 41

Impact97

On second thought, I do not want to alter the sheath he made. The quiver and all attached are pretty neat as is.

Capt Quirk

I agree with Impact, don't alter anything. Get a new sheath. It is a small knife, so you can only get so fancy, but I can still make it attractive and functional.

Jack Ryan

I used to make my own but I just go to an Amish leather worker near me for all that kind of custom stuff now. He is good and very reasonable, fast. If you have Amish near you, I'd ask them where they get their leather work done.

Willjo

If you don't have any luck look on face book and search David's Knives, he makes knives and sheaths

check out Gutierrez leather on facebook or GutierrezLeather.com. His stuff looks really good and I saw where he started doing knife sheaths.

little rascal

meant to tell ya to go post this in hobbys and home brew. Lot of awesome knife and sheath craftsman in that forum. Someone there could make you a custom sheath if you desire.