Need a teacher

Dudley Do-Wrong

So, I have bow hunted for many years but have never been very serious about it. I decided to up my game and bought a Hoyt RX1 and I have enjoyed shooting it. My archery knowledge is limited, been really getting into watching John Dudley Youtube videos. I know I will never be that good and sometimes it is information overload.
Anyone on this forum from the Warner Robins area that consider themselves to be at least very good who would not mind helping me improve my archery skills?
I live in a conjested neighborhood and have managed to find a way to shoot a max of 30 yards, groups sre getting better. I would like to get thst to 50-60 yards.

sportsman94

I am in Perry, but don't consider myself a very good archer. If youre wanting to improve your range, you should be able to take it out to the Ag Center. The farther out you practice, the easier the short shots are. Good luck.

MikeyD6

Deleted
I would be leery taking a shot that long with a crossbow, let alone a bow. Shooting ability aside, a deer can duck an arrow at that distance easily. If I were you I would practice 30 yards or closer. That's where you are going to get realistic killing shots.

Dudley Do-Wrong

I am in Perry, but don't consider myself a very good archer. If youre wanting to improve your range, you should be able to take it out to the Ag Center. The farther out you practice, the easier the short shots are. Good luck.
My daughter lives on a large lot east of Perry, I have a target set up at her house and can easily shoot long distances there. I'm just not good enough.

Dudley Do-Wrong

I would be leery taking a shot that long with a crossbow, let alone a bow. Shooting ability aside, a deer can duck an arrow at that distance easily. If I were you I would practice 30 yards or closer. That's where you are going to get realistic killing shots.
I do not desire to take long shots and I have been flinging arrows at 30 yards for the past 2 days. But, if I can group my shots at 50 yards, 30 yards should be even better.
My bucket list hunt is an elk bow hunt; 75 yard bow shots are quite common. I'm 63 years old so time is running out

MikeyD6

Deleted
Understand where you are coming from, especially if you have something specific in mind like an elk hunt. Just know that your fundamentals aren't going to suddenly get better when you move the target back 20 yards. Hitting a very small target at close range requires the same skill as hitting a larger target further away.

Ihunt

John Dudley I am not but I’m willing to try and impart what little wisdom I have. I live in Perry and have a range where we can shoot a long ways. Pm your contact info and I’ll get in touch

Trump2020MAGA

Have you been out to Flat Creek? Every time I’ve been there this offseason there has been some people out there dialing in and chit-chatting. One old head was flinging some arrows around 60-70 yards. The bags are big on the one side so you don’t have to worry much about losing an arrow if you are off some.