Need Help !!!

Streetsweeper

We are literally COVERED up with Coyotes. I’m not talking a few here and there. I AM TALKING COVERED! If anybody wants to do some trapping or have someone they recommend in the Dawsonville area, shoot me a DM!

Doug B.

I say this to everybody that puts a thread like this on here that this might be a good time for you to take up trapping! Don't take that the wrong way. I'm not trying to be smart, but rather trying to be encouraging.

I don't know anybody over that way that traps but there are people on here that will travel to trap. I'm not trying to hurt their business at all but it may be cheaper on you to learn to catch them yourself. Plus you get the enjoyment of learning how and the excitement of catching them! There is tons of information right here on this forum and plenty of great trappers willing to help you with any questions.

2dye4

I say this to everybody that puts a thread like this on here that this might be a good time for you to take up trapping! Don't take that the wrong way. I'm not trying to be smart, but rather trying to be encouraging.

I don't know anybody over that way that traps but there are people on here that will travel to trap. I'm not trying to hurt their business at all but it may be cheaper on you to learn to catch them yourself. Plus you get the enjoyment of learning how and the excitement of catching them! There is tons of information right here on this forum and plenty of great trappers willing to help you with any questions.
Well said Doug. If individuals knew how tasking and time consuming trapping is, I think they’d have a better appreciation for those who do it.

2dye4

We are literally COVERED up with Coyotes. I’m not talking a few here and there. I AM TALKING COVERED! If anybody wants to do some trapping or have someone they recommend in the Dawsonville area, shoot me a DM!
If you want to get any attention on this thread, you might want to establish a set up fee amount and a bounty to be paid for each catch. No one is going to do this for free I can promise you that.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
With help from some of the guys here, I learned to catch coyotes myself!!!

I wouldn't go as far as calling myself a trapper, but me and my Grandboys have another outdoor hobby, and it is a blast!

It is however a TON of work, and requires a bit of a commitment.

Very worthwhile.

And worth money, to get someone that knows what they are doing. A day's work is a day's work.

From a guy that's done it, I say give it a try! You might like it!!

sleepr71

I agree with the above. Either educate yourself,and learn to do it yourself..or save up & pay a pro. Trapper. You didn’t mention what kind of setting this is in.(?) Are you in a neighborhood,with kids & pets running all over the place..or are you out in the country,miles from civilization? With Gas at >$4.25/gal & the amount of time + work it takes to set up & daily check of the traps. Call backs to release non-target animals,etc,etc. It can get pretty time consuming & expensive for the trapper. I say buy traps,supplies,a Catch Pole…get a License..and do it yourself..if possible.!

2dye4

I’m probably about to hurt some feelings on this thread, but I really don’t care. The truth is about to come out. If you know you have a problem with predators whether it be coyotes, coons, opossums,etc. get off your duffs and do something about it and quit depending on others to take care of your problems. That’s what is wrong with this world today is that other want someone else to take care of things for them. Stand up take action. Quit complaining about a problem and start solving the issues at hand. Be a doer and not a sayer.
Sorry if this offends and I’m sure I’ll catch slack, but I’ve got my big boy britches on and can defend myself.
Best Regards,

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I’m probably about to hurt some feelings on this thread, but I really don’t care. The truth is about to come out. If you know you have a problem with predators whether it be coyotes, coons, opossums,etc. get off your duffs and do something about it and quit depending on others to take care of your problems. That’s what is wrong with this world today is that other want someone else to take care of things for them. Stand up take action. Quit complaining about a problem and start solving the issues at hand. Be a doer and not a sayer.
Sorry if this offends and I’m sure I’ll catch slack, but I’ve got my big boy britches on and can defend myself.
Best Regards,
Some people do trap for a living . Maybe that’s what he’s looking for . Also effective trapping takes a lot of time , money and commitment that a lot of people don’t have . Maybe he has more money than time . But I do understand where you are coming from . I have neither money or time but I make time to trap , because I absolutely love it and I know it helps the animals I love to hunt . And I thank y’all right here for talking me into trying it .