Need parts for my Remington V3 shotgun, what to do?

Fishin & Hunting

In 2017 I purchased a Remington V3 Shotgun. I have shot around 1000 rounds through the gun since then. While out pheasant hunting last fall the gun failed on me. The bolt head locked down inside the bolt body causing the bolt carrier assembly to break when it tried to eject the shell. I need all three part to repair the gun.

Now that Remington has gone belly up again I can't get a hold of them to find parts or to see if they will honor the warranty. Parts from other venders are unavailable and cost too much for me to repair the gun. Parts range from $350 to $450. Since I only paid $500 for the new to gun start with, I am not willing to put that much money back into it.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get parts at a lower cost? Or another way to fix the gun?

Dub

Do a Google search for Remington Arms warranty repairs....or warranty service centers or similar.

You'll be able to see who the authorized places used to be....contact them individually and see what they can still do....they may have parts on hand that they'd sell outright to you.

Fishin & Hunting

Dub, I will try that route.

GSUQUAD, yes numrich doesn't have that gun listed. Others do show selling those parts, but. They are out of stock, and have been for at least December when I started looking. And they want more than I am interested in spending on a gun that isn't covered under warranty anymore, and I gun that has been having trouble since it was engineered.

I have already had this gun sent back for warranty work two years ago before they went bankrupt a second time.

So I am not looking to spend more than a couple hundred dollar to get it back in working oder.

Dub

So frustrating that a company as well supported by customers as Remington ......was managed by such inept non-gun idiots.

doomtrpr_z71

I think you are gonna be up a certain creek....

I wouldn't spend $350 on the parts to fix it when its a known issue

From Reddit:

Thank you for contacting RemArms, LLC,
RemArms, LLC. is a newly formed entity that acquired the Remington firearms division from Remington Outdoors Company. We are working diligently to obtain all necessary regulatory licenses and become operational. RemArms will be producing Remington branded firearms soon at the historic Ilion, NY facility where Remington has been produced for more than 200 years. We expect to have our website, www.remarms.com. online very soon and production of legacy Remington firearms is on track to begin in early 2021.
Due to the nature of the acquisition, RemArms LLC. is unable to service existing Remington firearms or honor any warranty offered by the Remington Outdoors Company. As a show of our commitment to the Remington brand and its customers, once we become fully operational, we will do what we can to assist in resolving issues you may have with Remington product purchased through the Remington Outdoors Company.
We hope you appreciate the constraints that limit our ability to take care of firearms or other products made prior to the RemArms LLC acquisition of Remington firearms from the Remington Outdoors Company. In the future we will service product produced by RemArms, utilizing the highest standards available.
Please do not send your firearms to any Remington facility or repair center. If a firearm or other product is shipped to either Remington or a repair center, the delivery will be rejected.
Please contact info@remington.com for information regarding service for your current Remington firearm.
Thank you for your understanding and support of Remington firearms, America's oldest gunmaker since 1816.”

https://www.reddit.com/r/Remington/comments/kqfuvd

JeffinPTC

Sorry you're having problems. I usually say that Rems are half the cost of Berettas and the parts are cheap and easy to find.

I recently bought a Beretta foreend from western Gun Parts, although it took 3 weeks mail from Edmonton. Looks like you'll have to call:

http://westerngunparts.com/contact-us

Dub

That's quite an interesting development.

So...the plant in NY will start back up again with as many of the 800 original workers it can find ? Or does some sort of Union shenanigans come into play and other untrained workers get put ahead of them in line? No matter, there will be some slow days ahead for them.

Being headed up by a paintball gun industry guy.

Interesting article.

Sounds like the 870 will be the first priority for them.

Glad to see any USA-based gun manufacturer get the green light to open and produce guns available to citizens. (y)

I'll have to ask for forgiveness though....as I sit this one out. Were I to buy a new rifle or shotgun that money would be going to Beragara, Beretta & Benelli.