I have an AR-10 on the way...Now what?

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
Thanks for the information guys. There is PLENTY to read and digest. I believe the only mod I will do is a new trigger. I have looked at the SSA-E, Timney drop in, and AR Gold. I like the idea of the Timney and the AR Gold since they are complete drop in units.

I will be using this mainly for hunting.

Any thoughts on these?

Don't be afraid to get the SSA-E even though you have some assembly to do. If I can do it in about ten minutes anyone can. It is a great trigger. I can put my AR on a sandbag and hold and at 18 power I can squeeze right on my bullet hole at 100 yards.

I forgot to say that it runs like a sewing machine.

gt40

PS: If you want it to shoot as accurate or better than mine get the same Upper from White Oak Armament. Every one they sell are super accurate and they warranty it. I got the 18" barrel and had them FLUTE the barrel to save some weight. With scope and a fully loaded 20 round magazine it is balanced just infront of the magazine. If you get a longer barrel it will be front heavy.

https://www.whiteoakarmament.com/shop/complete-uppers/varmint-uppers.html

Last edited:

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
Rawmblinwreck suggested that you keep the scope as low as you can which can work well. I can not get comfortable with my cheek weld with it that low. With my cheek bone resting on top of the stock my eye looks through the center of my scope lens. That is why I have a bubble level that I use. You can see it in my picture below.

gt40

Attachments

• bubble level .jpg
    bubble level .jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 1,240
  • WARNE ULTRA LIGHT QD RINGS  2.JPG
    WARNE ULTRA LIGHT QD RINGS 2.JPG
    359.1 KB · Views: 1,017
Last edited: