Need snake boots.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Don't buy Redhead so called water proof snake boots.
Not water proof and worst purchase I ever made.
Tie up cleats on front of boots dig into ankles so bad ain't even funny. Not buying anything Redhead again. Not supporting poor quality company brands

Don't waste your money on that BP redhead garbage. I've had two pair. The first lasted through one summer of hog hunting and one deer season before the top seperated at the seam. I took those back and was given a second pair. They were even cheaper than the first. The zippers broke within a month and before the first deer season was over both soles seperated. Neither pair were water proof.

Pic added. That black thing on the right is a string I added so I could zip them up after the zipper broke.

My dad and I bought a pair of their Ultra snake boots years ago. Looked and felt nice, but were not waterproof and the boot begin to fall apart very easily. We returned the first pair thinking we had simply gotten a bad pair, but the replacement pair did the same thing. Junk boots!

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
After reading all these suggestions, Which one actually worked? Has anyone been 'snake bite' on the boot? Did it prevent the fang from reaching the flesh? What name brand boot were you wearing?

Se post #2 in this thread.

I`ve tested every pair I`ve ever owned starting back in the early 1970s with a pair of Continental Tyroleans ( my first pair of snake boots), to a no name pair made like cowboy boots, Chippewa all leather pull ons, LaCross Strikerz which were a lace up cordura boot (2 pairs) which worked but these didn`t last. All were purposely tested against diamondbacks, canebrakes, and cottonmouths, and I`ve never had a pair fail me. I won`t wear a snake boot if I don`t have faith in it.

I got a new pair of bison leather Chippewa pull ons last January and as soon as I can find a diamondback, I`ll test them too.

XJfire75

I received them yesterday and they fit good, but a little tight around the ankles. I am sure they will loosen up and be perfect. They look well made.

gt40

PS: I rolled up two pair of blue genes and stuffed them down to the ankles to get them to loosen up. Should work just fine.

Put any miles on these yet? My Redheads fell apart after 7 years so I'm in need of some new ones and don't wanna have to spend $200 but don't want something too heavy.

Buckman18

Se post #2 in this thread.

I`ve tested every pair I`ve ever owned starting back in the early 1970s with a pair of Continental Tyroleans ( my first pair of snake boots), to a no name pair made like cowboy boots, Chippewa all leather pull ons, LaCross Strikerz which were a lace up cordura boot (2 pairs) which worked but these didn`t last. All were purposely tested against diamondbacks, canebrakes, and cottonmouths, and I`ve never had a pair fail me. I won`t wear a snake boot if I don`t have faith in it.

I got a new pair of bison leather Chippewa pull ons last January and as soon as I can find a diamondback, I`ll test them too.

Funny you mention this... I bought a pair of snake boots last night at Academy. Figured they'd be fine... Got home and was reading the tags on the boots, and its say's verbatim:

"You assume all risks and damages including injury or death from a bite while wearing this boot. Academy shall have no liability with respect thereto.
• Warning: Academy does not warrant that snake boots are impenetrable. No boot is snakeproof. Use extreme caution and avoid confrontations with snakes"

How gutless. They'll be returned as quick as I can get back to Gainesville.