New Black Mouth Cur and hunting squirrels on WMA land

Limbbaconeer

First post on this thread and I bet this has been asked before. Sorry if its a repeat. I've been training a black mouth cur. He is my first hunting dog, and I would like to take him to some of the areas I squirrel hunt before owning a dog. I can't find a clear rule in the hunting regs about using dogs to hunt squirrels on Wma's. Does anyone know? or know where to look? Thank you

TurkeyH90

Yes, you can on most WMAs during small game season. Regs should be out soon. It varies on each WMA when u can hunt. Where are you located?

greg_n_clayton

The WMA here small game season opens and closes with the other game hunts. You can use a dog here. That where I hunt a lot when regular deer season is open so I don't interfer with deer hunters. I also try to take a good look round to try to be sure nobody is deer hunting near. A lot of public (USFS) land here, making finding spots no problem for the most part.

Limbbaconeer

Hey guys, Sorry for the slow response. I don't get on here very often. I'll take a picture and get it posted. Thank you for the responses.

Hillbilly stalker

Your a lucky man ! Thems some real fine looking hunters you got there. And that's a fine looking tree dog ....woods monster ! Wear em out this year.

greg_n_clayton

The Ladner curs are scarce in these parts !! I am too old to breed them ! But I would suggest going straight to Curt & Tonya Lander's for my dogs !! Now he may recommend another breeder......i would take his recommendations !!

greg_n_clayton

There are a few on here that can tell you about the obedience of John Henry at a very young age !!