New bow...best time to buy?

ASH556

So, I've got my AR32 all set up and shooting good for this year, but it's going to need new strings/cables next year. I got to thinking that instead of sinking another $150 into this bow, maybe I'd be better off upgrading to the current technology. Would you upgrade or just replace strings?

Is there a model year transition when all the previous year's bows go on sale?

What could I get for The AR32 (bare w/String Tamer)?

I'd probably just roll all my current accessories to the new bow (QAD HDX, Sword Apex, Axion 6")

What bow would be the ultimate setup for a 3D/Hunting Combo bow?

How much $ should I prepare to spend for the new bow?

Thanks!!

rjcruiser

I'd say spring time. 3d/hunting combos don't really work because of all the regs in 3d..unless you don't mind swapping tons of stuff between the two.

Look to spend $500-600 for bare 1 yo bows.

red tail

GONetwork Member
Josh,

do you want a "new bow" or a woiuld you buy a current or 1-2 year old bow 2nd hand. I have bought several new bows in the last few years but didn't sell teh old one when i bought the new one. they still work and make good back ups. If you are going to buy a new bow the best tiome to buy would be soon after the next year bows hit the market. Shops trying to get rid of te old inventory. If you are going to buy a 2nd hand bow but more current modle agian when the next year bows come out and the two months before deer season starts when everyone wants to upgrade.

Just my thoughts but if i was going to get a bow to shoot 3d andn hunt I would get a mid ATA (35") and a 60-70 lb bow and drop teh Lbs down and shoot heavy arrows for 3d to get your bow to 280.

Just me and I have only been shootin g3d for a year. i am sure there are tons of guys that may give you better advise on the 3d and hunting deal.

Good luck!!

klemsontigers7

$150 for strings? Not sure where you're buying them but World's Best or 60x strings can be had for half of that. Also, I've heard Reylamb on here makes a good string and I might try him next.

cape buffalo

most company will release their 2012 bows in Nov and 2011 bows will be 200-300 dollars cheaper..so first of year from Jan to April

CowtownHunter

I don't know what shape your bow is in, but BPS has a bow trade-in days coming up, 8/16-8/21. Restring the old strings and take it in, can't hurt.