New bow itch

Ihunt

Looking at Obsessions new line up and wondering about my shoulder, I'm thinking about a 90% let off bow thats faster than I have. Less poundage, holding weight and still up to 3-D speed with 40 lb limbs. Heck 15 or so fps is a turn or two off my limb bolts ? Might even get me in the woods ?

I shoot a 53lb Obsession Evolution. Arrows are 406 grains and tipped with either QAD Exodus or Ramcats. Draw is 28”. I have killed 4 deer this year. 2 mature bucks and 2 mature does. All pass through a except the one buck and it broke his offside shoulder. My wife shot through bucks with 38lbs and a 23 1/2” dL.

You’ll be fine with 40 and a longer dL. Good luck. If not, stick to the crossbow.

kevincox

Bowtech Realm SS looks like a real winner. Got to go shoot a few bows because I will be upgrading later this year

Attachments

• AB820A7C-55F3-44E8-9399-98BB65B44CE7.png
    AB820A7C-55F3-44E8-9399-98BB65B44CE7.png
    969.3 KB · Views: 19

BowanaLee

I shoot a 53lb Obsession Evolution. Arrows are 406 grains and tipped with either QAD Exodus or Ramcats. Draw is 28”. I have killed 4 deer this year. 2 mature bucks and 2 mature does. All pass through a except the one buck and it broke his offside shoulder. My wife shot through bucks with 38lbs and a 23 1/2” dL.

You’ll be fine with 40 and a longer dL. Good luck. If not, stick to the crossbow.
I laid out a truck load of them with low poundage then this happened. I want something that will blow through a deer shoulder blade or I'll stick to my xbow. It will. I was shooting around 240 fps with a 395 gr arrow. Wasn't enough to satisfy me on thick bodied big bucks. This was a dink. If I could add 30 fps it might make it ?

Attachments

• arrow sticking in buck.jpg
    arrow sticking in buck.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 82

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Well, I shot several bows and decided on the Mathews vertix. I shot that bow multiple times at a couple different places and tride to make myself not like it, but it just shot so great for me. I got the black one with 75 pound mods at 28.5" and 85% let off. I also went with the new dovetail rest made for it. Hoping it shows up soon.

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
Nice! Post up some pics when you get it, MT

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Bowtechs shoot great, but I don't think I've ever been in a bow shop and not seen a bowtechs in pieces waiting on a set of limbs.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Things have changed on that in the last few years.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
No. I have the reign 6 right now. Haven't shot any of the realm bows but I really like the reign 6.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Things have changed on that in the last few years.

I'm sure. Heck, I said I'd never shoot a Mathews, and here I am. I've always been pretty brand loyal to hoyt. I did enjoy my old diamond (made by bowtech) but had to replace the limbs on that.

GrantC77

last week i shot the new Bowtech, RX3 from Hoyt which i will say is a big step up from the RX1 and the Mathews Vertix. Walked out with the Vertix over the Bowtech, loved how Mathews finally shaved down there grip feels so much better.

mrjohnsmitt

I don’t buy new every year, but sometimes I wonder why I don’t. I can buy a new one for $1100, then sell it to one of you guys for $800 the next year, and that gets me the newest equipment, new strings and cables, warranty, and peace of mind that it hasn’t been dry fired or other stupid stuff for just $5.76 per week.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
I don’t buy new every year, but sometimes I wonder why I don’t. I can buy a new one for $1100, then sell it to one of you guys for $800 the next year, and that gets me the newest equipment, new strings and cables, warranty, and peace of mind that it hasn’t been dry fired or other stupid stuff for just $5.76 per week.

That's kind of what I've been thinking. I paid around $1k for the hoyt 7 years ago. Sold it for $400 with $200 worth of stuff on it. May as well sell one every year and just add a few hundred for a new one.

Last edited:

Tadder

GLAD you shoot em all. The NEW 19 MATHEWS are awesome. The 18 triax is a great bow and these 19 model bows are right there with it.

Curvebow05

? I will definitely shoot both the sr6 and SS before I make a decision. Have you shot the SS?
I have and the SR6 blew the doors off of every other new bow except the Hoyt RX3. That Matthews was ok but felt just like all the others and was still too heavy. Much better than the Triax though. But that SR6... the 60# will hold its own with most, if not all of the 70# bows. Did I mention I liked the SR6?

Fourfingers

I shot Hoyt for 6 year then tried a lot of bows last year and ended up with bowtech realm x. Love the speed I’m getting on comfort setting and it draws and hold so much better than my Hoyt nitrum turbo. The pse evolve 31 was a nice shooting bow to. Liked the quietness and vibration free of the triax but that was about it. But get out and shoot them all. You be surprised of the difference in bows from 6 years to now.

Hamer174

Well, I shot several bows and decided on the Mathews vertix. I shot that bow multiple times at a couple different places and tride to make myself not like it, but it just shot so great for me. I got the black one with 75 pound mods at 28.5" and 85% let off. I also went with the new dovetail rest made for it. Hoping it shows up soon.

I did the same thing, I was really impressed with the Vertix. Order basically the same bow as you 28.5" 70lbs 85% let off. All black with red strings and cables, and new Integrated Rest.

Latest posts