New ladder stand choices? Update post #46

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
Wear a harness.
Not a ladder stand, but a picture is worth a thousand words.
Only broke his rifle stock.
My younger brother.
I took the picture as I ran up to see why he was yelling.
What happened?

Lilly001

What happened?
He was using an older climber that was not quite rated for his heft because he wanted to hunt a creek bottom that we didn’t have a permanent stand at.
About an hour into the morning hunt I heard him yelling for me. I was about 200 yards away.
The webbing of the stand gave way and he tumbled landing on his rifle and breaking the stock. Luckily he only fell about 10-12’.
His pride suffered more than he did.
And I laughed for hours.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

HughW2

I was about to say Lilly …. You highlight ladder stands as dangerous. In my senior years I now use ladders almost exclusively, sometimes ground blinds.
Climbers are a heck of a lot more likely to cause accidents than ladders.
Your picture is worth a thousand words.

Glad your brother did not get hurt badly.

Bottom line is anyone up a tree should use protection harness. Climbers are death or broken bones waiting to happen. Or I guess lots of scraped thighs from riding it down a tree.
Wear a harness.
Not a ladder stand, but a picture is worth a thousand words.
Only broke his rifle stock.
My younger brother.
I took the picture as I ran up to see why he was yelling.

KLBTJTALLY1

I had a Family Traditions ladder for years until I sold it. Still stood strong and easy to put up. Only issue was noisy webbing after awhile. Have a Millennium fold up tree seat for watching draws and such and it is super comfortable and quiet. Well built too.

KLBTJTALLY1

I was about to say Lilly …. You highlight ladder stands as dangerous. In my senior years I now use ladders almost exclusively, sometimes ground blinds.
Climbers are a heck of a lot more likely to cause accidents than ladders.
Your picture is worth a thousand words.

Hard to beat a blind and have animals get feet of you and not know you're there. I'm a big fan and looking for a new one.

Semi-Pro

Full-Pro
Update.....one of the flip up footrest was bent a little too much on one side so it was not working exactly as intended. It won't fold all the way down. I called to see if I could get a new footrest. They sent me a whole brand new stand.