No doubt Saban saw writing on the wall

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
With the changes in the way these kids act nowadays. He speaks the truth. Cpqchrs are losing the ability to wrangle in their thugs. A shame thier actions played a part.

When the best in the business tells you the process is broke it’s telling. It’s not the same game I’ve enjoyed for decades.

AccUbonD

Wins and losses still go in the same columns. The new red coach is going to see the same thing from the players Saban saw after the trip to Knoxville this year.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Not sure if I would want any college coaching job now when you can have players making more than the coach with NIL deals. The power has shifted from the coaches to the players.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Saban had to be disappointed after scouting, recruiting, coaching, and getting to know these young men, only to have 70-80% of them only interested in playing time and NIL money. The sad truth is that 98% of them aren't good enough for NIL money because only about 2% of the entire NCAA football roster each year goes on to play professionally. That NIL money is just a long shot bet on them in case they turn out better than anticipated.
They need to be focusing on that free education they're getting and take advantage of it because they're going to need it.

weagle

Saban had to be disappointed after scouting, recruiting, coaching, and getting to know these young men, only to have 70-80% of them only interested in playing time and NIL money. The sad truth is that 98% of them aren't good enough for NIL money because only about 2% of the entire NCAA football roster each year goes on to play professionally. That NIL money is just a long shot bet on them in case they turn out better than anticipated.
They need to be focusing on that free education they're getting and take advantage of it because they're going to need it.
NIL money is paid because the player is worth that much in marketing exposure while he / she is playing in "College" They don't care what he's worth once he goes pro or even if he goes pro.

For instance, one of the highest NIL earning "college" athletes is a gymnast from LSU. There is no professional Gymnast league as far as I know.

Saban wanted no part of a system that he couldn't control 100%. That's the secret of the "process" and the same process that Bear Bryant, Pat Dye, Nick Saban, Kirby etc etc employ. Games are won by signing and controlling the best talent. As Saban said "I'm very good at coaching very good players" or as Bryant said "You can't make chicken salad from chicken s..tuff"

ATLFalconsfan80

So kids shouldn't show emotions when they lose a game that would have put them in the National Championship?

What's worse? Throwing a helmet and showing your fanny after a OT loss or getting blown out in a Bowl Game and just completely give up and stop playing?

Because when FSU did that alot of yall were on here gloating about it...Seems to me alot of folks in here would rather have players just quit playing rather than show emotions. They still kids and they still have alot of maturing to do

ATLFalconsfan80

They are not kids. They’re grown adults. Stop treating them like kids, and they’ll stop acting like kids

Ok...So grown adults then...when an NFL Player shows emotion after losing a game that prevented them from going to the SuperBowl, and they throw their helmet in frustration, thats wrong? That is reason for a coach to retire?

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
NIL money is paid because the player is worth that much in marketing exposure while he / she is playing in "College" They don't care what he's worth once he goes pro or even if he goes pro.

For instance, one of the highest NIL earning "college" athletes is a gymnast from LSU. There is no professional Gymnast league as far as I know.

Saban wanted no part of a system that he couldn't control 100%. That's the secret of the "process" and the same process that Bear Bryant, Pat Dye, Nick Saban, Kirby etc etc employ. Games are won by signing and controlling the best talent. As Saban said "I'm very good at coaching very good players" or as Bryant said "You can't make chicken salad from chicken s..tuff"
That's not my point.
70-80% of the Alabama football team isn't worth NIL money and that's what percent of the team was asking about NIL money. Those that pay NIL money are gambling that some of those players will have bigger years than anticipated so they can recoup that investment. The natural byproduct of having good years in college is going pro and some of those NIL contracts extend past their college playing time.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
For instance, one of the highest NIL earning "college" athletes is a gymnast from LSU. There is no professional Gymnast league as far as I know
And she's not selling her athletic ability, at least not for the most part. She's selling the same thing women have been selling for centuries, sex. She's attractive and that's what she's "marketing".

Her choice I guess, but I talked to a former UGA gymnast who is still quite active in a role with the team and says it has brought a LOT of unwanted attention. So much so, that the team must now travel with private security to protect all the girls from "creepers". Yeah, real positive thing going on there.

And she could have done it without NIL. All she had to do was quit the team, like you said, there's no change of "going pro" in gymnastics, and she could have done exactly the same thing and only endangered herself.

weagle

That's not my point.
70-80% of the Alabama football team isn't worth NIL money and that's what percent of the team was asking about NIL money. Those that pay NIL money are gambling that some of those players will have bigger years than anticipated so they can recoup that investment. The natural byproduct of having good years in college is going pro and some of those NIL contracts extend past their college playing time.
Every position on the Alabama team is crucial to field a team that is worth 100s of million of dollars. Every position is critical (Ask Saban or Kirby or any coach) Just like the NFL. Yes the star QB may be worth more, but that doesn't mean the 3rd team guard is not worth big bucks. It's not their value to the NFL, it's their value to the Crimson Tide program.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Disagree about the free education. That’s such a farce. Most of them don’t belong at a college in the first place and can’t do the work without being out in a really easy major and even then they get help most students don’t. People can have the college football they say they want. Student athletes and all that. But they don’t really want it.

ATLFalconsfan80

They are not kids. They’re grown adults. Stop treating them like kids, and they’ll stop acting like kids

:ROFLMAO:..You talk about them being grown adults…but how about any youth baseball season and there’s always a “PawPaw” “PeePaw” “Granddad” getting tossed from their grandchild baseball game because of a “bad call” that happened from an umpire getting paid $20 a game..and that’s what this sports forum is full of…”I don’t like what I saw or read and now I got to pull up my suspenders and tout my
disapproval”….:ROFLMAO:

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
:ROFLMAO:..You talk about them being grown adults…but how about any youth baseball season and there’s always a “PawPaw” “PeePaw” “Granddad” getting tossed from their grandchild baseball game because of a “bad call” that happened from an umpire getting paid $20 a game..and that’s what this sports forum is full of…”I don’t like what I saw or read and now I got to pull up my suspenders and tout my
In your given scenario “PawPaw” “PeePaw” and “Granddad” are losers. Everyone there can tell. Even the little kids

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
With the changes in the way these kids act nowadays. He speaks the truth. Cpqchrs are losing the ability to wrangle in their thugs. A shame thier actions played a part.

He estimated that "maybe 70 or 80% of the players you talk to" wanted to know about their playing time for the upcoming season and how much they would be making in NIL money.

There it is right there.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Most of us aren't stupid enough to be a Falcons fan so there's that Mr. Falcons fan. ::ke: :bounce:

Latest posts