Non Drinking Clubs

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
I personally don't drink. However, I dont have a problem with people who do. Most in my family are casual drinkers. As long as it's in moderation I think it's fine. I think the problem lies in the fact that a lot of people believe they cant function or have fun without it. Why? Nothing good ever comes from it. And most of the time nothing bad does either. For the record, I would join a club regardless of the rules on drinking. As long as people weren't obnoxious.
Would everyone that's pro drinking in this thread and say that people shouldn't be judged, would you judge a club member that showed up doing drugs?

I probably came from a night of my mom and dad having a few drinks...I'm "good"

I agree with NCHillbilly, ILLEGAL DRUGS ARE AGAINST THE LAW! So is drunk driving, drunk and disorderly conduct, hunting under the influence....all which me and my club will not tolerate!
But we happily socially drink all the time.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
So now that you can hunt over corn we argue about drinking corn being “wrong”

LittleDrummerBoy

For me, the question is not one of morality, since Scripture says, "Let no one judge you by what you eat or drink." But the question is one of wisdom. When hanging out with Jewish folks and Messianic Jews, I don't offend them with bacon cheeseburgers. But I've been known to enjoy those, as well as shrimp and catfish in different company. Likewise, I try not to offend the consciences of Southern Baptists and certain other peeps by parading around wine, beer, or hard cider in front of them.

If someone shows me the kindness of allowing me to hunt on their land, ride in their car, eat at their table, or stay in their home, I'm going to go out of my way not to offend them with my exercise of Christian (or American) liberty. There are plenty of other places I can enjoy a bacon cheeseburger or glass of wine.

I'd have no problem belonging to a hunting club that banned drinking (or bacon cheeseburgers). But I'd also have no problem belonging to a club that didn't. How's the hunting? How do they treat people? Those are the important questions for me.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
For me, the question is not one of morality, since Scripture says, "Let no one judge you by what you eat or drink." But the question is one of wisdom. When hanging out with Jewish folks and Messianic Jews, I don't offend them with bacon cheeseburgers. But I've been known to enjoy those, as well as shrimp and catfish in different company. Likewise, I try not to offend the consciences of Southern Baptists and certain other peeps by parading around wine, beer, or hard cider in front of them.

If someone shows me the kindness of allowing me to hunt on their land, ride in their car, eat at their table, or stay in their home, I'm going to go out of my way not to offend them with my exercise of Christian (or American) liberty. There are plenty of other places I can enjoy a bacon cheeseburger or glass of wine.

I'd have no problem belonging to a hunting club that banned drinking (or bacon cheeseburgers). But I'd also have no problem belonging to a club that didn't. How's the hunting? How do they treat people? Those are the important questions for me.

Discretion is always the better part of valor. On the flip side I know a few Jews and Muslims who will flat wear out some baby back ribs and hit the brown likker until they are tore up from the ground up. Their secret is safe with me. They's good ole boys. :bounce:

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
So now that you can hunt over corn we argue about drinking corn being “wrong”

What about those who get their corn from a jar???

....asking for a friend