Gunbroker question

JR924

Just curious, if you are selling a gun on Gunbroker and the winning bidder is non-responsive, can you contact the next lower bidder thru the Gunbroker message system and sell the gun to them or do you have to relist. Seems if it is only a few dollars difference, not worth the wait to relist. If you pay the fees thru Gunbroker for the next highest bidder, seems like you should be able to sell to the lower bidders provided you go in order of highest bid to lowest bid. Cannot find anything on this topic on the internet. I guess you could exchange emails thru the Gunbroker message service and sell the gun. However I would want to pay the fees if I used their service. If I can sell the next lower bidder, than blocking NR and lower than A rated bidders (which I was planning) would not be needed as much as I have heard problems with these types of bidders. Going to sell a gun on Gunbroker. Thank you for all replies.

JR924

Think I answered my question. Gunbroker prohibits side deals. Although my question is not specifically addressed, I think they would consider it a side deal contacting the next lower bidder after a winning bidder default. Although Gunbroker gets their option fees eventually after you relist or fail to relist, the value fee based on the gun sale amount would not be collected. I believe for that reason it would be prohibited.

GregoryB.

You have to file a non paying bidder complaint. Once they do their thing you have to relist it to get your fees back. If you just relist it without filing you get hit with fees twice. Had it happen to me. They don’t give you the option of going with the next highest bidder. Make sure you leave feedback for the non paying bidder .

Robust Redhorse

I would first try TOT and say that your price is FIRM. This has worked out best for me.

If no luck after a week, then Gunbroker.

You will have to pay a fee, have your FFL ship to the buyer's FFL (almost always charges on both ends) and the buyer must pay sale tax, usually shipping, usually at least a 3.5% addition for using a credit card, plus some other fee that is not even explained by Gunbroker.

You can't do side deals, or you will be banned forever.

JR924

Yeah, my recent 2 Gunboker auctions did not go well. May lose $200 off my purchase price on my Enfield. I looked at Enfields before the auction and they were in the $500s for a quality like mine Plus somehow the invoice for the gun shows free shipping although the ad clearly says shippping shall be determined but I changed it later to $50 in the description. May be a fight with the bidder over that cost.

My 1946 Mosin Nagent carbine went higher than what I paid for it but I may have a non-responsive bidder. He had a single A+ rating for a buy but none for a sale. If this auction goes bust, will not use Gunbroker and may just keep the gun. Expected better with Gunbroker. Wife is ****ed because I already spent the money for my Sauer 100XT 243 before I got the money for the guns. Doghouse this week.

Gator89

I have yet to sell using GB, but I have purchased.

Most often I have purchased from a dealer that uses GB.

I recently got a good deal on a used Bergara B14 .308 from a dealer in Minnesota. If the gun has been shot, it can't be more than a box or two of ammo down the tube.

You just have to pick and choose.

I only buy from GB if the gun is unique or if it is new, it can't be purchased locally for the same price.

Last edited:

Jester896

Senior Clown
I bought once...talk about not as described. I don't know how you can etch a top strap that much with less than a box of factory ammo run through it. I would have offered $100 less if I had looked at it in person.

JR924

Bought 5 firearm and 3 ammo successful purchases. Bought a vintage airgun and it leaked when stated it would hold air. . Sold one ammo with no problems. Will still buy but will never never sell on Gunbroker again.

natureman

k
As a rule if there is something I am in the market for, if I'm patient it will show up on the GON classifieds or on the ODT within a month or so, and I can meet and see it in person, no 4473, no tax, and usually at a much better price than buying from a dealer
Same here. I have sold 3 guns on GON classifieds without a hitch.

Robert28

I used to buy guns from a couple sellers on gunbroker and ended up getting very good deals. Gunbroker has gone way down the past few years though, I haven’t messed with it since 2018. With that said, that mosin of yours I could sell for you in 5 mins. Just stick a sign on it and walk around a gun show and it’ll be gone before you make one lap.

JR924

I used to buy guns from a couple sellers on gunbroker and ended up getting very good deals. Gunbroker has gone way down the past few years though, I haven’t messed with it since 2018. With that said, that mosin of yours I could sell for you in 5 mins. Just stick a sign on it and walk around a gun show and it’ll be gone before you make one lap.
Can you go in a gun show (which one?) just paying as an attendee fee (no vendor fee) with several guns strapped on your back with price tags or do the organizers stop or hassle you??? If you can, what is the best gun show near NW metro Atlanta to do this. I see the Lawrenceville gun show will be the following weekend. Also can you carry ammo separately but on you with the gun to include with the gun sale.

Last edited:

Robert28

Can you go in a gun show (which one?) just paying as an attendee fee (no vendor fee) with several guns strapped on your back with price tags or do the organizers stop or hassle you??? If you can, what is the best gun show near NW metro Atlanta to do this. I see the Lawrenceville gun show will be the following weekend. Also can you carry ammo separately but on you with the gun to include with the gun sale.
I think you can only carry one gun at a time, they just tag the action when you pay the normal attendant fee. You can’t have any ammo on you but you can keep it in your car, you’ll probably end up doing the deal out in the parking lot anyways. If you have other guns to sell just tell them and maybe they’ll buy them or set up a time to get them or know someone who will buy them off you.

bighonkinjeep

I love gunbroker. As with most any firearm purchase I'm patient for a deal.
I've gotten quite a few excellent deals when buying and have sold at much better prices due to their national market than I could have gotten locally. Most often I'm using penny auctions that start my auctions at $.01. Bidding usually takes off right before the auctions end. Timing sales and purchases is an important aspect to pay attention to as well as fully reading discriptions, looking at photos and sending questions to the seller.
No complaints here.

Dub

@JR924 take your time out in the doghouse without protest.....knock out an extra share of house chores for the next couple weeks.....avoid prolonged eye contact and sarcasm for the next 48 hours....ride it out let time pass. :rofl:

New gun days will be on the horizon and there will be peace in your kingdom.

You are gonna have some serious fun with the new rifle. The chambering of it will ensure that it't will be fun to shoot, too.
That is what she'll be evaluating you in the future....the actual use of the gun. She'll be peeved if it just stays forever locked away. If you get it out and hit the range once a month you can prove that you truly "needed" it.

Ongoing use of the gun helps to support the cause of obtaining future new guns. She'll not suffer any new stuff if the prior stuff isn't getting used.

Such is The Way of The Married Man With Hobbies....a yet unwritten book that I should author and use the proceeds, if any, towards primers & powder.

JR924

Thank you Dub. However, I have not told her about the vintage long bow and the 2 vintage BB guns I bought with the money left over from the sale of the Moslin and Enfield (which did not sell) minus the Sauer 100XT 243. Trying to intercept the packages before she sees them. If I am found dead tomorrow, tell the authorities not to believer her that is was thru natural causes. Blessed are those who are single or have wifes that like to shoot or lets you buy toys. My retirement savings is allotted for our nursing home care. I would rather live under a bridge with my guns.

Dub

Thank you Dub. However, I have not told her about the vintage long bow and the 2 vintage BB guns I bought with the money left over from the sale of the Moslin and Enfield (which did not sell) minus the Sauer 100XT 243. Trying to intercept the packages before she sees them. If I am found dead tomorrow, tell the authorities not to believer her that is was thru natural causes. Blessed are those who are single or have wifes that like to shoot or lets you buy toys. My retirement savings is allotted for our nursing home care. I would rather live under a bridge with my guns.
:rofl:

:rofl:

Since my wife passed three years ago….there hasn’t been much restraint on my part to acquire a few gats and boomsticks…nor much urging to maintain a neat and orderly domicile.

My house resembles a cave with guns and gun parts scattered about.

Gotta get things organized here in time for retirement in a few years….then it will be a couple of puppies, me and the guns.

I have a feeling when I do go on and join my wife one day….she will be poking at me, “why did you have so many 1911’s and .308’s ????? What were ya thinking !!!”. :)