Northern Pike Michigan or Wisconsin

Big L

Have to go to Chicago this summer---dates optional as of now. Does anybody have any recommendations for Northern Pike locations/ do it yourself or guides in Wisconsin or Michigan?
Might try to get one off bucket list while I am up there!
Thanks,
Big L

greg j

Having been raised in Michigan's U.P. I am familiar with the Bays de Noc area.
Both Little and Big bay de Noc have good pike fishing. You may want to look into guide services to get you on some good fish. It's kinda hard to go for a weekend and
try and find fish if you are not familiar with the area.

oldfella1962

Having been raised in Michigan's U.P. I am familiar with the Bays de Noc area.
Both Little and Big bay de Noc have good pike fishing. You may want to look into guide services to get you on some good fish. It's kinda hard to go for a weekend and
try and find fish if you are not familiar with the area.

I lived/fished in northern Wisconsin for a few years, and fished there on vacations when I lived near Chicago prior to moving to Wisconsin. The town I lived/fished in was about 8 hours north of Chicago. But they have pike fishing much closer to Chicago than that, for example in Lake Geneva Wisconsin which is only 90 minutes or so from Chicago. Lake Geneva is a big lake with big pike, muskie, walleye, etc. and plenty of guide services since it's a resort area.

Big L

Thanks Greg and Oldfella; will check both of
them out. I probably will try to do a guide if not unreasonable; agree short costly trip is not the time to explore new water "looking for fish" >>learned the hard way!
L

BeerThirty

Pike are pretty much in every lake in Wisconsin. Normally considered a nuisance because they break folks off when their fishing for bass or walleye, due to their numerous sharp teeth. But I'm guessing you are specifically wanting to target some big ones. I grew up "up north" and so I'm not gonna be much help to you. But good luck and have fun in my home state :flag::cheers: