now this is sick

FishHunt

Mature sure does cover a broad spectrum.I do not think anything "should" happen......I don't know,unless you've been under a rock,you tell me.What have they been talking about,gays in the military,for four years about?Who are most of the hate crimes,committed against?

Honestly the few sports bars I visit wouldn't pay them any mind. But of course I live in the burbs just north of Atlanta where not only do we tolerate diversity, we welcome it. Race, religion, sex etc doesn't play a role when choosing my friends. Good people are good people.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
No. If he said it is an abomination it is.

Paul persecuted Christians unto death yet the Lord used him for his glory and as his messenger. All I am saying is that we all have sins and the grace the Lord provides is sufficient and it is not up to me to question who he decides to use for his purposes.

I'm not saying that these ministers are doing the Lords will and I'm not saying they are not. I'm saying that I don't know and it's not for me to know. I don't know how they are being led or even if they are being led by the lord. They may not be, but then again, maybe they are.

If you understand the Christian faith, you would know, they are not being led of the Lord

WTM45

It is a moot point to take a blind man to watch tennis.

Come on now. Show me where Christ called homosexuals "an abomination."
You said it, not me. Prove it.

EDIT to add.....After further thought, don't worry about it. Say what you will, believe what you will. It's your choice.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Come on now. Show me where Christ called homosexuals "an abomination."
You said it, not me. Prove it.

If you dont believe the apostles were led of God and taught his will based off of what he taught them, nothing to prove. But you still havnt provided anything biblical that promotes it.

Jesus didnt say the word Rapture either..................but:biggrin2:So what are going to do about that day beings he didnt say the word?

WTM45

If you dont believe the apostles were led of God and taught his will based off of what he taught them, nothing to prove. But you still havnt provided anything biblical that promotes it.

Jesus didnt say the word Rapture either..................but:biggrin2:So what are going to do about that day beings he didnt say the word?

There are many varied interpretations of Revelation and Isaiah, not all agree with the Protestant ideals of either a pre-trib or a post-trib "rapture."

It's not on me to show a "promotion" of anything.
It's fully on you to show where Christ called homosexuals "an abomination."
You can not do that.
The point is moot.

christianhunter

Honestly the few sports bars I visit wouldn't pay them any mind. But of course I live in the burbs just north of Atlanta where not only do we tolerate diversity, we welcome it. Race, religion, sex etc doesn't play a role when choosing my friends. Good people are good people.

Out of my quote,what about the middle?The Bars North of the Burbs,and south of the Burbs?Partial quoting is a bias response.In perfect or imperfect scenarios for that matter.You can pick and choose,what may happen to a given point.The nature of All man is to do evil,that is what baffles the atheist.You left one important question,unanswered.Who are the most hate crimes against,socially?

FishHunt

You left one important question,unanswered.Who are the most hate crimes against,socially?

I didn't answer this part of the question because it has nothing to do with what we were discussing. Not sure what you are trying to prove with this since a high percentage of hate crimes committed against a certain group of people still doesn't make it right.

An analysis of data for victims of single-bias hate crime incidents showed that (2008)

51.0 percent were victimized because of the offender’s bias against a race.
17.9 percent were targeted because of a bias against a religious belief.
17.6 percent were victims because of a bias against a particular sexual orientation.
12.7 percent were targeted because of a bias against an ethnicity/national origin.
0.9 percent were victimized because of a bias against a disability. (Based on Table

http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/hc2008/victims.html

Last edited:

FishHunt

It would seem that you are trying to dance around the subject.Socially, regardless of a gallup poll,possibly gender slanted,would indicate a Homosexual bias,proven by the Military.

Let's say the governments numbers I posted above are incorrect and homosexuals instead had the most hate crimes committed against them. So what is your is point?

TheBishop

It would seem that you are trying to dance around the subject.Socially, regardless of a gallup poll,possibly gender slanted,would indicate a Homosexual bias,proven by the Military.

That is not a Gallup poll. That is the uniformed crime report compiled by the FBI from all the police departments around the country. Crime statistics come from two sources. The UCR is the main one and the national victimization survey is the second. Both are heavily flawed, and like the bible can be interpreted different by different people. And there is definetly no gender slant.

Huntinfool

He hates homosexuality, just like he hates all other sin. He does not "hate gays".

But good try.

TTom

Lets see abomination, right up there with touching a menstrating woman, touching a pig, let alone eating one, shelfish: shrimp, lobster, clams, catfish, eels, ..

Always fun to see what twists in logic folks will use to make everything else in the Levidican Holiness Codes and say that is past the old law no longer applies, oh EXCEPT that bit about homosexuals. Cherry Pick much?

crackerdave

Lets see abomination, right up there with touching a menstrating woman, touching a pig, let alone eating one, shelfish: shrimp, lobster, clams, catfish, eels, ..

Always fun to see what twists in logic folks will use to make everything else in the Levidican Holiness Codes and say that is past the old law no longer applies, oh EXCEPT that bit about homosexuals. Cherry Pick much?

Yeah - I'm havin' a ball. How 'bout you?:D