now this is sick

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
To state that an entire group is "spiritually weak" or "sick" is purely a reflection of one's prejudice against people who are different than themselves.

Society as a whole has not accepted them. If that were the case, gay marriages would be legal in every state.

Being prejudice and pretending its ok are 2 different things.

No one has said that a homosexual can not get forgiveness, they just cant continue their lifestyle. If that was the case, then the murderer could get up every morning and kill. Thats the sickness we are talking about, the church is dropping their teaching to accept it instead of preaching to them to turn from their sins.

FishHunt

...In their actions,they are sickening,and in their thoughts as well.I haven't said anything to any of them,about their lifestyle.Yet they automatically withdraw from me,why do you think that is?
....I just get sick to my stomach,when I see something this foolish.:crazy:

When you are obviously this repulsed by someone I would imagine they are able to pick up on it, no matter if it's intentional or not.

pnome

Society as a whole has not accepted them. If that were the case, gay marriages would be legal in every state.

Being prejudice and pretending its ok are 2 different things.

No one has said that a homosexual can not get forgiveness, they just cant continue their lifestyle. If that was the case, then the murderer could get up every morning and kill. Thats the sickness we are talking about, the church is dropping their teaching to accept it instead of preaching to them to turn from their sins.

Did you just equate homosexuality with murder?

WTM45

Did you miss the part,where I said I treated them no differently?:huh:
It has been my observation,that they are defensive,and then offensive!
I've had this to hit very close to home WT,closer than I care to elaborate on.I will in all fairness,post this part openly.I really don't think a psych-eval is relevant in this case.

Please do not think you are the only person here with gay/lesbian family members. You are not unique in that regard by far.
It just seems your issues with them are bigger than most.
That's OK for you, if you want it that way.
Others of us seek ways to look past issues like alcoholism, drug addiction, criminal histories, failures or a sexual orientation different from our own to find a way to love our own flesh and blood.

I'm not saying you do not love your gay/lesbian family members, it just might be simply you don't understand them well enough to really get to know them for just who they are. I hope you have the opportunity to.:cheers:

christianhunter

When you are obviously this repulsed by someone I would imagine they are able to pick up on it, no matter if it's intentional or not.

Well you see,that would be where you are wrong.They, the ones I'm refering to,know the word of GOD.I do not watch them practice their life style.They do not defend themselves as much as they,get offensive.A gay person is already anti social,anti cultural,and anti christ.They know they are wrong,why do so many wait for years before coming out of the closet?
I'm not the loner,the ones in question are.They avoid the rest of the family as well,even the ones who are not Christians.

WTM45

Society as a whole has not accepted them.

Sure you want to take that stance? Can you quantify that statement with fact?

Witches do not get burned at the stake either, anymore.

I thought Christianity was NOT about what society accepts, but what Jesus would do?

Last edited:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Did you just equate homosexuality with murder?

I equated sin to sin with a difference pointed out...........................Churches are preaching daily to their followers to turn from their sins. Homosexuality seems to be the only sin that most want to set aside and accept and not preach against, and in some cases promote.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Sure you want to take that stance? Can you quantify that statement with fact?

Witches do not get burned at the stake either, anymore.

I though Christianity was NOT about what society accepts, but what Jesus would do?

OK, fair enough. And as far as Jesus, he said they were an abomination. Yes, its a fact society has not accepted them as a whole. If it were, this thread would be void

WTM45

I equated sin to sin with a difference pointed out............................

Good thing the KJV version of the Bible does not have a height/weight chart for men, women and children.
Judgemental personalities would have no time for themselves.

FishHunt

...A gay person is already anti social,anti cultural,and anti christ.They know they are wrong,why do so many wait for years before coming out of the closet?

Why would anyone want to come out of the closet when people like you believe your statement above to be true?

christianhunter

Please do not think you are the only person here with gay/lesbian family members. You are not unique in that regard by far.
It just seems your issues with them are bigger than most.
That's OK for you, if you want it that way.
Others of us seek ways to look past issues like alcoholism, drug addiction, criminal histories, failures or a sexual orientation different from our own to find a way to love our own flesh and blood.

I'm not saying you do not love your gay/lesbian family members, it just might be simply you don't understand them well enough to really get to know them for just who they are. I hope you have the opportunity to.:cheers:

That would be a two way street.I'm a Christian,surprisingly at family gatherings,I do not get up on a soap box,and preach to my unsaved relatives.They know me,I know them.If something is going on in speech or in action,I'm not comfortable with,I move along somewhere else.I do not make a spectacle of it.This respect that so many keep alluding to,is due me,as well as it is them.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Good thing the KJV version of the Bible does not have a height/weight chart for men, women and children.
Judgemental personalities would have no time for themselves.

Do you happen to have any Bible version that promotes sin??

christianhunter

Why would anyone want to come out of the closet when people like you believe your statement above to be true?

Have you ever watched clips from a "Gay Pride" parade?
That speaks volumes for their mindset.Please give me a better argument.

pnome

Have you ever watched clips from a "Gay Pride" parade?
That speaks volumes for their mindset.Please give me a better argument.

I've been to a Gay Pride parade and saw the whole thing. I think it was 1998 here in Atlanta.

Have you ever been to one? What is this "mindset" you speak of?