Number 91

kh67148

Congrats Derik. I know you put in a lot of work and it sure paid off. That's a heck of a buck.

pasinthrough

Awesome deer!! Couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy!! Except maybe Frank::ke:

Every Bride need a Bridesmaid! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just like you and your clan, we team it up and it was just my turn.

He's had a few kodak moments of his own though...:bounce:

Attachments

• Frank's Rage 10 point resized.JPG
    Frank's Rage 10 point resized.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 257
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    418.8 KB · Views: 261

pasinthrough

Update

I just got back from seeing my P&Y scorer, Vance. We completed all the paperwork and got the official numbers on this beast. Attached is the score sheet which I'll be sending in tomorrow. The rack and cape will be mounted over the next few weeks and the buck should be on display at the Carolina Sportsman's Classic in Columbia the weekend of March 27-29.

My 2011 P&Y data disk showed no non-typical entries for the state so it is possible this will be the first.

I just wanted to update this with the official score. Photos of the mount will come once that's done.

Attachments

• IMG_3173 resized.jpg
    IMG_3173 resized.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 238
  • Ghost buck score sheet resized.jpg
    Ghost buck score sheet resized.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 238

Ajohnson0587

I just got back from seeing my P&Y scorer, Vance. We completed all the paperwork and got the official numbers on this beast. Attached is the score sheet which I'll be sending in tomorrow. The rack and cape will be mounted over the next few weeks and the buck should be on display at the Carolina Sportsman's Classic in Columbia the weekend of March 27-29.

My 2011 P&Y data disk showed no non-typical entries for the state so it is possible this will be the first.

I just wanted to update this with the official score. Photos of the mount will come once that's done.

Stud for sure!

Pilgrim

I just read the story of your hunt for the second time. Man, what a thrill! Congrats on taking such an amazing animal!! :yeah:

BowanaLee

You ain't fooling me. He came for his Obsession scents fix. ::ke:

pasinthrough

I got the mount back over the weekend. I couldn't be happier with the way he turned out.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (10).jpg
    FullSizeRender (10).jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 147

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Derik,

I don't how I missed this story since last fall BUT you have quite a story behind this fantastic buck. I think that it is also great to have the trail cam photos of this buck from a neighbor as such too.

Congratulations on such a great accomplishment and Thank You for sharing this with all of us. You may be right that it will be rather hard to top this adventure and the overall end result. The mount is just beautiful.

There is no question that You are Da' Man when it comes to bowhunting and you have surrounded yourself with some great friends with the same mind-set as well. I am not a bowhunter but I have learned some important facts from you in the past.

benellisbe

Derik,

Congratulations again. Pictures do not do him justice. That rack is absolutely incredible and the mass on him is by far one of the best racks I have ever held in the southeast. Again, thank you for setting me up and telling me the story.

Justin

satchmo

Congratulations buddy. That's a great buck for anywhere. Great looking mount too. Very,very nice.

Vance Henry

Hi folks. I'm the lucky recipient who was granted the privilege of scoring that magnificent buck. I'll say it again.....Great buck Derik and Lord knows you deserve him! You're a first class individual. I look forward to scoring many more in the years to come. I think you and Frank both will keep me busy.

pasinthrough

Hi folks. I'm the lucky recipient who was granted the privilege of scoring that magnificent buck. I'll say it again.....Great buck Derik and Lord knows you deserve him! You're a first class individual. I look forward to scoring many more in the years to come. I think you and Frank both will keep me busy.

Thank all of you for the kind words. Especially you Vance. The average person really doesn't think about the time and effort the volunteer scorers take to do this service for our wildlife. Every minute you spend scoring is a minute from your friends and family. I know I say thank you every time we talk, text or email and it comes from the heart.

Hunting and archery are our obsessions but they give us a chance to meet great people along the way. As I've said before, I am truly blessed to have met the folks I have through my years. :cheers:

Latest posts