Number 91

gordylew

Congrats sir! Great story with a great ending

kevincox

A buck like that is not even a once in a lifetime occurrence for most. God shined on you for sure and I can tell you realize that from your story! I'm really happy for you!

7mm mag 06

What a beautiful deer! Awesome story and congrats on capitalizing on such a beautiful animal!

Fortner

Couldn't have happened to a better guy! Congrats Derik, what a stud! To kill a deer of that caliber, where you did and with a bow is an amazing feat!

Pneumothorax

Too long to read so I just looked at the pics.

Just kidding! I read every word. What a great day! Congrats!!

BornToHuntAndFish

Way to go on some mighty good bow whitetail success. Really like those rocking split G2's.

:cool:

robert carter

Outstanding Deer and story. Lots of good advice there as I too believe a begining hunter gains a lot from killing DEER and then on to bigger stuff if they choose. There is so much to learn in the woods that only experience will teach and some times bad experience. GREAT JOB. bucks like that are why I wear a safety belt. A doe makes my knees rattle after the shot. RC

DSGB

Excellent post and even better deer! Congrats!

pasinthrough

Thank you all for the very kind comments. I got an email today from the hunter who told me he had photos of this deer. I have several pics, but this one shows pretty clearly that this is the same buck. He put on a split on his left side this year and added a sticker too.

My taxi cut both jaw bones out and told me they look like a 6.5 yo to him. If I run into a wildlife biologist, I'll see what he has to say about them.

It's been 3 days now and I still really can't talk much about it. I'm still in shock. Smiling, but in shock!:bounce:

Attachments

• photo 3 resized.jpg
    photo 3 resized.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 308

Jasper

Awesome buck! Congrats, very happy for you!