Ocmulgee river Flathead!

QuackHead90

My dad and I decided to try and catch a few fresh catfish last night for some nuggets. We caught around 40 bream to use for bait and headed to the river to find some good spots to hang our limb lines. We put out 14 lines and baited them at dark. At 1030 we checked them on rhe way back to the truck. We had a 16 pound blue cat and a 6 pound Flathead. We loaded the boat and was in bed by 1200. At 730 this morning we made the run pulling our lines. We had 2 cats until we made it to the last two lines we had out. When I grabbed the line on the next to last one I knew he was a good fish. After a brief fight I finally got my hand in his mouth and pulled him in the boat. We knew he was the biggest fish we had ever caught just wasn’t sure exactly what he would weigh. The last line had another 6 pound flathead so we ended the night catching 4 flatheads a channel and a blue. When we got home the big one pulled the scales down to 58 pounds! Not a bad run for some fresh nuggets!CEE11C6F-873A-4DE4-BC1C-1D7E9D275B69.jpegF72168F2-BFA8-492E-AA2B-7B07D82D011C.jpeg

specialk

gonna' take a lot of grease for that one!

Redbow

I would have to say that's a nice-un, congrats.

ghadarits

That's a Hoss for sure!!!

Jim Boyd

A great predator.

Flatheads are hard on the bream types but they are way cool!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That one's got some shoulders on it!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Great fish and even better time spent with your dad ! Best eating in the river also , congrats !