***Official 2016 Turkey Challenge Trash Talking Thread****

DLH_Woodstock

Thanks Beagler282, maybe I'm wrong, but that looks easy enough to me

Welcome to the Challenge Johnny 71 and you will enjoy it I'm sure. As for the pic's it is not that hard. Last year was my first year and I did make some mistakes but my teammates walked me through it. Send all the pictures to them and get their input before you post.
The teammates is what made it fun for me. When you can't hunt but you know that they are hunting it kills you! But you also can't wait to hear that one of them got a bird. If I was traveling and could not be in the woods but I knew one of my teammates were hunting, I would go nuts when my text went off.
All I wanted to see was Kkkkaboooom on my screen.
:shoot::shoot::shoot:

Have fun and I hope you find some great teammates. I DID! :yeah::yeah:

liv2bowhunt

Had thought about not participating this year, with a baby due on May 2, but with member participation so low I figured I would join in again and give it all I got til the next generation hunter in my little family comes along! Good luck and happy hunting to all who are participating this year and those who are not!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I took this picture in kmac's yard yesterday , now we know how he gets his limit opening day !!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 78

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I have been lucky to have friends that are the best at calling. Being surrounded my turkey masters for most of my life. I'm just a average caller. I use 2 boxes and mouth calls. My ol shotgun. The best thing I have found is to use natural blinds. A Tom knows where u are my your calls to the T. It's where he lives. I use a UV block on my camo. I kill most of my turkeys in the same general locations every year. They have eyes of a eagle and ears that are matched my none. G L to all.
I'm realy not into it yet this year. May miss the opener.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
O yea Bkw kills 90% of her turkeys by herself. She used a 5 doller push button for years. I have found a box she likes now. I need to get her a good 20ga. The one she uses is a modified choke with nu 6s 3". All her birds are shot under 30ty yards. She does use blinds and deks.
When we hunt together we run & gun.

antharper

Staff member
Yeah I don't to much get into all this modern stuff either , same gun for 28yrs , and just a hand full of calls for me , but I did get me 1 of them strutting toms a few yrs ago , and have tricked a few stuborn toms with it !

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Last day to sign up. Worn out turkey hunters are welcome.
New fresh turkey hunters too.
Who knows I may have a surprize, prize for someone.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Last day to sign up. Worn out turkey hunters are welcome.
New fresh turkey hunters too.
Who knows I may have a surprize, prize for someone.

Only prize I want is to sit under yo feeder!!!:banana:

antharper

Staff member
I took this this weekend , they getting ready , this warm weather should mean for a good opening week

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 38

hoppie

How many are signed up and are all teams even? If an extra person or two is needed I might throw my name in.

Last edited:

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Come on Hoppie and sign up.You know you gonna kill some turkey this season. It's gonna be a fun time no doubt!!!