Oglethorpe Co 9pt

BigBuckFinder - no I wasn't anywhere close to Hwy 22, but how ironic!

Trizey - I have a few other angles and will post them when I get a chance to resize them later tonight or tomorrow. I'm trying to get packed right now so that I can leave for Illinois tomorrow night.

Freezerfiller - his 9th point does have a crab claw effect, however what you are seeing between that 9th point and the end of the main beam is actually the end of his brow tine on that side.

Thanks to everyone for all of the kind remarks about my trophy. I have had a fantastic year for sure - another 9 pointer (smaller) that I got in South Carolina earlier in the season and now a trip to Illinois for a week long bow hunt. I sure hope my luck hasn't run out!

Dawg In the Swamp

Dawg in the Swamp -
Almost all of it it seems.....I have three tracts in Oglethorpe that I hunt now, but this one here was in the Arnoldsville area. Oglethorpe has great potential, but it takes a lot of hard work, patience and trigger finger control. This tract of land (700 acres) has been under strict management for now 32 years - way before deer management was the in thing to do. This is my sixth year on this land, and now my fifth trophy. Before me, one man hunted it for 26 years and I was lucky enough that he asked me to join him.

An intersting side note - Friday was the first time anyone had even been to or around the stand I was in since August.

Thanks, I was just curious. I hunt in the Sandy Cross/77 area. Good job on the land management.